Chapter 5 - The Key

**Disclaimer** Suprise, surprise...I still do not own Teen Wolf.

                          ~~ERIC POV~~

 "Look I'll get there as soon as I can," I told Scott over the phone. "Just get yourself under control. We don't need two homicidal werewolves running around tonight."

 "Yeah, yeah," he said. "I have a plan. Make sure Emma stays home. Stiles would officially lose it if something happened to her."

 I closed the front door behind me, switching which hand held my cell phone. I looked up to see the ever so infamous baby blue jeep pull into my driveway, Emma in the passenger seat. Maybe things are looking up for Stiles, after all.

 "Speaking of him, he just pulled into my driveway with Emma. I'll call you when we get Isaac out." I said, hanging up the phone as soon as I finished and stuffing it into my pocket.

 I walked around to Emma's side of the jeep to help her out. I could immediately feel the tension between the two. Emma appeared uncomfortable and unsure of herself, while Stiles was caught between angry and disappointed. I know I'm supposed to hate whatever guy lays a finger on my little sister, but deep down I know that there is no one better out there for her than Stiles.

 "Emma," I said, but she had already stomped past me and into the house. I turned to Stiles with wide eyes and raised eyebrows. He just sighed and shook his head. "Okay, well we have bigger problems. I just talked to Scott and we need to meet Derek at the station."

 Derek used to be like a brother to me, that was until he ruined my sister's life. I don't think I will ever be able to forgive him for what he did, but now he's brought this mess into our lives and I have to do something about it. I have to protect my sister. She deserves that much from me.

 "Allison said that she saw one of the hunters leave in a deputy uniform but she's heading out to slow him down." Stiles informed me.

 I quickly hopped into the seat Emma had just abandoned. "Well then what are we waiting for? Let's go,"

 Stiles nodded and shifted the jeep into reverse, zipping out of the driveway as fast as he could. Even though I've been a werewolf for over three years, the full moon still has an effect on me. I've learned to control it for the most part, but I still feel the power as all of my senses are turned up. It gets hard to fight sometimes. Sometimes I just want to let it loose, to see what it feels like. But I know that would be selfish, and I've made enough of those decisions already.

 "Do you think somebody should have stayed to keep an eye on Emma? I mean, we don't really know how the full moon might affect her," said Stiles. The concern in his voice was radiating through the vehicle.

 I shook my head. "My dad's home. He'll watch her."

 I was beyond worried about what Dad would say when he finally learned the truth about Emma and my's supernatural abilities, but it's actually worked out in my favor. He's still upset that I broke Mom's number one rule, but he's accepted the fact that I'm a werewolf and I know that he will do whatever it takes to keep our family safe. I think he actually trusts me.

 Of course, Emma losing her memories as been hard on him, mostly because we don't have an explanation. If Mom had found anything on what she, Emma, and Zoe were, Emma would have discovered it by now. She spent the majority of her time in that office anyways.

 "You know," I said. "Her heart beat still picks up when she's around you."

 Stiles' face lit up. "It does?"