Chapter 4 - More Than Lacrosse

**Disclaimer** I don't not own Teen Wolf. I know, it keeps me awake at night.

                                ~~STILES POV~~

 "How was detention?" Scott asked me after I plopped down next to him behind a large gravestone. We were both kneeled and peaking around it to watch Kate Argent's funeral. Allison was there with her parents, along with a few other men and an older guy who looked extremely sketchy.

 I groaned. "I don't want to talk about it."

 Scott chuckled and I smacked him on the arm. Emma hating my guts isn't a laughing matter. She's supposed to smile when she sees me, not scowl. It breaks my heart just a little bit every time she does. 

 I decided to change the subject by pointing out the creepy old guy. "Who the hell is that?"

 The man looked directly over to where Scott and I were hiding. We both held our breath and ducked back behind the gravestone. This whole funeral was on lock down because of what Kate did to the Hale house all those years ago. There's press everywhere trying to get a rise out of the Argents.

 "Definitely an Argent," said Scott in a hushed voice.

 I couldn't hear what the guy was saying to Allison because, unlike Scott, I don't have supernatural hearing abilities. Once he took his seat next to her, Allison glanced over towards us. I rolled my eyes as Scott waved to his secret lover. Even though her father has forbidden them from being together, at least she remembers him. That must be nice.

 Trying to push Emma out of my mind I said, "Hey, maybe they're just here for the funeral. Maybe they're the non-hunting side of the family. There could be non-hunting Argents. That's possible, right?"

 "I know what they are," said Scott, looking at me. "They're reinforcements,"

 Before I had time to even think of a response, we were both pulled to our feet by the collars of our shirts. I groaned as I realized that we'd been caught by none other than my own father. This isn't going to end well.

 "You two," he said through gritted teeth. "Unbelievable...pick up my tie,"

 "Sorry," I said as I bent down to grab his silver tie from the ground. I brought it just in case. "I know, I'm supposed to ask,"

 Scott and I were now situated in the back of my father's squad car. I knew I was going to get a good talking-to once we got home. But getting a lecture from Dad was the least of my worries at this point. We have far more concerning matters at hand.

 "Was detention really that bad?" Scott asked. He really wasn't going to give up on this.

 I let out a frustrated sigh. "She hates me, she hates my guts!"

 "She doesn't hate you," said Scott.

 I shook my head at him. "You didn't see the way she talked to me in there. I wouldn't be surprised if she never talks to me again. You want to know why? Because she hates me!"

 It was true. Maybe I came on a little too strong, but I'm in love with the girl, what else was I supposed to do? Now I've gone and ruined everything. It's just not fair. I finally had something good in my life, something normal and constant. I finally felt like things were gonna be okay. Now I may never get her back.

 "Well, you did land her a detention," said Scott.

 "Shut up," I said, smacking him in the chest.

 Our conversation was broken off by the sound of Dad's scanner from up front. I couldn't quite make out what the dispatcher had said. Dad picked up the radio. "Did you say 4-1-5-Adams?"