Chapter 7 - A Series of Strange Events

**Disclaimer** Guys, I'm going to let you in on a little secret: I DON'T OWN TEEN WOLF.

                            ~~STILES POV~~

 "She just freaked out and then ran off," I told Scott about what happened in my jeep with Emma earlier. We were waiting in the parking lot of the ice rink for the girls to get here. "I have no idea what happened."

 "Did she say anything?" He asked.

 "Other than screaming at me to stop the car and let her out? No," I said. I let out a heavy sigh. "And I really thought we were getting somewhere when she agreed to let me take her home."

 I'm at a total loss of what to do anymore. Every time I look at her I get this pain in my chest and all I wanted to do is run over and take her into my arms, but I can't. I can't kiss her whenever I want or talk to her on the phone for hours about superheroes or the last book she read. All of that went along with her memory.

 "When did Eric say he was leaving?" Scott asked.

 "The earliest flight he could find isn't until Sunday," I said. 

 Scott groaned and I couldn't help but agree. I wanted more news on Emma as soon as possible. I need to know that there have been instances like this before and that everything turned out okay. I need to know that Emma will regain her memory and we can be together again. I never realized how much she really meant to me until she was gone.

 We saw Allison's familiar Mazda pull up and got out of my jeep to greet the girls. I grabbed my backpack and the keys I had to buy from Boyd. This little 'hang out' or whatever it is better be worth it because it cost me fifty freaking dollars. 

 I'm not sure which it worse, Emma looking at me with dislike or avoiding looking at me altogether. All I know is that they both equally suck. I used to always be able to catch her staring at me and then she would quickly glance away all embarrassed. Making her blush is one of my favorite things. Nothing gave me more satisfaction than sending the blood rushing to her cheeks.

 Emma was sort of hiding herself behind Allison, though she was about an inch taller. Maybe having Allison invite her was a bad idea. It's stupid to think that a little figure skating could make all of her memories rush back to her.

 After letting everyone in, Scott and I went and got everybody a pair of skates. Emma was sitting a few rows up from Allison and Lydia, hugging her knees to her chest. Her nose was a delicate shade of pink and I had to fight off the urge to kiss it.

 "Here," I said, handing her a pair of skates in her size. Without looking me in the eye, she gave a soft smile and took the skates. She slipped off her boots and replaced them with the used white skates I snatched from the storage room. 

 She shivered as she laced them up. I could tell that she looked cold. Her thin grey cardigan wasn't much for warmth in a place covered in ice. I dug into my bag and pulled out a spare bright orange jacket and offered it to her.

 "No thanks," she said. Her voice was quiet and she looked extremely uncomfortable that I was sitting next to her. I gave a defeated sigh and shoved the jacket back into my bag.

 I then dug back in and pulled out some Reese's peanut butter cups and held them out to her. Cocking an eyebrow and wearing a gentle smile, I said, "Peace offering?"

 She eyed the candy suspiciously. I knew she was analyzing whether or not accepting the candy was worth the pride of acknowledging me. Finally, she gave a shrug and snatched the candy out of my hand. I smiled to myself. Maybe we are getting somewhere.