Chapter 14 - Hazy

**Disclaimer** Still not the owner of Teen Wolf, bet you didn't see that one coming.

 "Emma? Emma?"

 I opened my eyes to find myself in Stiles' arms, beads of sweat trickling down my forehead. Everything was blurry and for a moment I thought I was still in my memory. My vision was hazy so I pulled my glasses from the side table and put them back on. My breathing went ragged as I replayed the vision on my mind.

 "Emma, are you okay?" Stiles asked me, slightly frantic. "Did you remember something?"

 I sat up in his arms, so I was no longer laying on the couch. My throat was dry. I was trying to come to terms with what I just saw. Stiles rubbed circles on my back in an effort to try and calm me down. My hands were shaking terribly.

 I wrapped my arms around myself and finally met Stiles' eyes. He raised his eyebrows as a signal for me to give him an explanation. I nodded my head to answer his previous question about me remembering something.

 "What was it, Emma? What did you remember?" He asked, shifting positions on the coach so that he was facing me.

 "I-I talked to them, when I died,"

 "What...what are you talking about?" He asked, knitting his eyebrows together. "Who's them?"

 I sucked in a large breath. "My mom and sister,"

 Stiles' eyes went wide. I know how crazy it sounds, but I know that it was real. My soul went somewhere else for the short period of time that my heart stopped beating. I met my deceased mother and sister at Heaven's gate. They are the ones who sent me back. My mother knew what was going to happen to me. She knew I was going to lose my memories so she had me tie them to Stiles. That's why I always remember things when I'm with him.

 "You talked to them?" He asked.

 I nodded my head and swallowed the dryness in my throat. "They knew, they knew that I was going to lose my memory."

 We sat in silence for a few moments as Stiles tried to process just exactly what I was telling him. He ran a hand over his head, bringing it back along his jawline. Maybe it's personal, that my mother had me tie my memories to him, but I know that I still have to tell him.

 "Stiles," I said. He looked at me and I took a deep breathing before telling him the next part of what I saw. "My mother...she had me tie my memories to you, so I wouldn't forget. You're the reason that I can remember."

 "M-me?"

 "You, Stiles," I said. "I mean, it makes sense. I always seem to get bits and pieces of my memories back when I'm with you, and only with you."

 "You mean you've only remembered stuff when we were together?" He asked, shock lacing his words. I nodded. "Why didn't you ever mention something?"

 "I guess I just thought it was a coincidence," I said. 

 I felt bad for lying to him, but I didn't know what else to say. Of course I had a hunch that he was somehow connected to my memories, I just didn't think it was actually possible. It explains why I kept seeing my mother and why every time she would say Stiles' name. It's because she knew that he was the one after all. He's my chance at getting my memories back.

 A look of sadness crossed Stiles' face. He turned away from me, eyes focused on his lap. "Stiles? What is it?"

 "Its...it's just that this reminds me that you really were dead. That minute that you were laying unconscious in my arms just now brought me back to that night. You died right there in my arms and I though I'd lost you forever,"