Lost and Found

CHAPTER 11

"Meera?" Carol knocked the door.

"Carol! Got something?" She jumped from her seat.

"Nothing." She pressed her lips, feeling her pain.

"None of them?"

"No... I'm sorry." She said apologetically.
Meera didn't move, she was standing there as a rock.
It was getting harder, each passing minute, for her to cope up with her fear anxiety and Pain.
"Oh.. Meera." Carol hugged her, but she didn't hug her back. She was frozen.
"It will be all okay." She tired to comfort her but Meera was immobile. Paler and colder than before.

"I need to go." Meera said and slowly started walking out.

"Wait.. where?" Carol grabbed her hand.

"I don't know." She whispered and started moving out, slowly.

-----------------------------------------------------------

With heavy and steps, Meera entered the palace, walking inside the palace towards Samar's room. The only person who could help her was him now. So here she was, recalling that fateful call by him.

After biding goodbye to her love, she was waiting in her jet to take off remembering all the beautiful memories she had with Vivaan and, then Ira and Samar when her cell phone started ringing.
It was Samar.

"Hello?" She answered, hoping to hear Ira's voice once again.

"Meera??? I can't find her! Where is she? Is she with you? I was going to surprise her but when I returned...... there was some blood.... And she was gone! She wasn't there! Nowhere. She is hurt.... she is missing! Ira is missing." He said in a cracked, broken voice.

Though she couldn't exactly understand what he meant but she could sense the terror in his voice. She caught his meaning and terror seized her as well.
"I'm coming back." She whispered and got down the plane.

Meera finally reached his room and all she could hear was him screaming.

"What the hell do you mean? You couldn't find a single girl on a lone island??? Is that how efficient your police force is??............. oh you want me to wait??? Fucking hell! It's been two days!!!! What the hell do you think I'm doing??........ Go kill yourselves! I'll make sure that all of you, useless people, will lose your jobs!!!!" He angrily snapped and threw his cell phone on the door from inside which made her take a step back, outside.

She summoned courage, wiped her tears and knocked the door.

"What?" He yelled.

"It's me. Meera." She said and after a moment the door opened.

The man standing in front of her wasn't the man whom she met months ago. He wasn't a calm qualified doctor, but a serial killer who just lost his family. All shabby in tears and pain, looking like a drunk alcoholic.

"Did you find her?" He asked with a hope filled voice.

Painfuly, she just moved her head in denial.

"I know it's Veronica!!" He said angrily, punching the wall.

"Couldn't find her either." She wispered.

"And Vivaan?"

"I tried. But. I couldn't contact him." This time tears started rolling down her eyes and she immediately hugged Samar. "I'm sorry. I know how it feels. But I can't handle it all alone."

He stood silently, then finally hugged her back.
"We'll find her. We'll find everyone! And then I'll make Veronica's life hell." 

"We will." She looked towards him.