Truth

CHAPTER 21

"Hey Ira! What a surprise and where is our little one?" The old man who was Kapoor's family lawyer approached her with open arms. 

"Good morning. Kiara is... Actually I need your help."

He sensed the worry in her tone. "Come sit. Tell me everything."

After narrating the complete scenario, she took a sip of water and he was in his deep thoughts.

"Well, Do you have the marriage certificate?" He asked.

"No, it's with him. Why?"

"Have you seen it?"

"No, not exactly. What's the matter?"

"You said he lost your marriage certificate and now he posses the same. It's bothering me."

"What are you suggesting then?"

"You have to get it for me."

"Umm.. Okay."

"Ira look,  it's very easy for us to win the case. We have strong points, but as per your past behavior there is a possibility that they can declare you as an unfit mother."

"But that was an year ago!"

"True. But still it counts. Just get the marriage certificate for me as of now."

"How?"

"I don't know. You are know for your tactics, Ms. Ira Kapoor. I'm sure, you still have your charm."

She smirked. "I'll see you tomorrow with the certificate." She said and left.

On her way back, Ira tried calling her sister several times but couldn't connect. So she planned to execute her plan herself.

"Okay. Here we go." She checked her room and found Samar with Kiara,  and immediately locked the door. "Ha! Now I can check his room." She whispered to herself and turned but stopped when she heard the door unbolting.
"What? How?"

"Seriously. Using the same trick again." Samar said and stepped out of the door.

"I locked you inside!"

"I'm aware of it. That's why I got a bunch of spare keys for all the locks here."

"How dare--"

"Don't worry. I won't steal any precious stuff of yours. Yet." He said and stretched. "Well now that Kiara is asleep. I'm kind of hungry. See ya." He said and moved forward.

She started him for a beat and then started shouting. "Ouch! Ouch!  My feet hurts!" she fell on the ground.

He turned, gazed her and then walked away.

"What the fuck is wrong with him?!"
She groaned angrily and pulled her cell phone.

"Riddhima? Hi, this is Ira. Can I talk to Meera for a second."

"Hi. Actually she is not with me right now."

"What?"

"I'm stuck in traffic. Why don't you call her cell phone?"

"I tried. It's switched off! Out of battery I guess."

"Maybe. Is there anything important? I can give her your message."

"No.. Nothing like that."

"Umm..  Can I help you in any way?"

"Well, actually you can Riddhima. You definitely can." She smirked.