Happily Ever After

CHAPTER 28

5 years later

"No... Don't hit me. No, leave me, daddy. No.. It hurts... I'm sorry.. Don't.. No.. "

"Hey, sweetheart wake up. You are okay. " Vivaan shook her and she opened her grey eyes.

"Daddy!" She hugged him tightly and started crying.

"Shh... It's okay. You are okay. You are safe. We are here." He comforted his seven year old.

"That dream.... Again---"

"I know, it's okay. No one's going to hurt you. I'll always be there to protect you. I promise." He kissed her forehead and smoothen her hair.

"Can you, please... Lay... "

"Of course, but only for a while. We need to get ready for the ceremony." He smiled.

"Okay." She said and crawled in his arms.

Meera and Vivaan adopted Ivy when she was five years old. On their month long trip to London, they found this little girl dying of cold and starvation on the street. Her alcoholic father, use to torture this little one and her mother and later killed his wife which landed him in prison. Ivy was sent to an orphanage where she was ill-treated again and finally she ran away and landed up on streets.
After legal formalities, she became the third adopted and eldest child of the royal couple.

"Di? Papa?" A three year old boy touched their face lightly.

"Raj!" Ivy shot up and took this boy in his arms. Out of all her siblings, she loved him the most. As Raj was the first one to call her di and kiss her on her cheek, when she came home.

"Hello, little boy." Vivaan kissed him.

"I love you!" Ivy squeezed his cheeks.

Raj was the first child brought to 'To have and to hold orphanage' and was only 3 months old. His parents died in an accident and family refused to keep him. Meera and Vivaan adopted their first child.

"What are you doing? Mom asked you to bring them!" Karan, A four year boy entered the room.

Karan, was an illegitimate child of a high profile family and they dumped the nameless baby at the orphanage when he was one and a half of age, though they deny it but it came out a a big controversial news. He further became, Meera and Vivaan's second adopted child and was named after twins late father, karan Kapoor.

"We need to get ready! Momma will be so angry!" He frowned. "Why are you laughing papa?"

"Because you look cute when you are angry." Ivy laughed and Vivaan gave her a high five.

"No, I don't." His frowned deepened.

"Yes, you do. And we know that your mom never gets angry." His father joked.

"Well, grandma will." Karan said.

"He is probably right here. Grandma will. Come, let's go!" Vivaan took Raj in his arms and held Ivy's hand. "Let's all follow our Karan here."

"Yes! Follow me." He said and started marching in a practiced way.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Mommy, this tiara?" Shreya, their youngest daughter a two year old beauty asked.

"You like it?" Meera smiled.

"I love it!" She smiled.

Shreya was an abandoned newborn left on the stairs of their orphanage with a note that said 'Dear Meera, Her name is Shreya, please take care of her. Your college friend.'