The Bracelet and The Diary

CHAPTER 12

Two week Later, Today

"Tea?"

"No, thank you." She smiled.

He sighed "You should really eat something. It's not good for both of you to starve. You are four weeks pregnant, Meera. You can't run from it." Samar tried again and sat next to her.

Meera sighed and took the cup from him.

"You should probably sleep. It's 2 a.m."

She didn't respond but a slight tear eascaped her eye traveling down her cheek.
"It's been a two weeks, Samar. How do you want me to sleep? Vivaan is still missing. No police, no detectives, no government, no one can find him. Sometimes I think he is no more and this is my life now with him in the form of this little one inside me, and this life long misery of loving him more and more, every time. This is getting no where. And on the other hand--"

"We have her. She is lying there unconscious, from past two weeks as well. When doctors told us about her condition and how she could have died, I died inside and it's not that peaceful death. When I know I'm a doctor and I can't do anything, kills me bit by bit. Every moment." He unintentionally crushed the cup in his hand, spilling all the content in it.
"God! I'm sorry." He spoke but as if Meera didn't notice it. She was lost in her own set of thoughts.
"Meera?" He shook her.

"Why aren't they telling us anything?" She spoke.

"Who?"

"Our parents. There is something that they are hiding from us."

"I know. I want to know, myself. Did you tell them about...?"

"No. When I saw my father, it was scared till death. I just... I just couldn't tell him and made up story, instead."

"He bought it?"

"That's the main problem. He bought it. He is a calculative business man and he easily bought it." She gulped hard and Samar maintained his silence.
Now both sat in their silence, once again.

-----------------------------------------------------------

13 Days Ago, Past

Mr. Kapoor stepped in his car just after landing in Paris when his cellphone rang.

"Raj? I have been trying to contact you! Your secretary informed me that you are travelling to Paris. Have you reached?" The urgency in kings voice made him even more uncomfortable.

"I'm. I'm on my way to the maternity hospital."

"That means you too, got the package."

"Yes. What about you? Where are you?"

"We found Samar. But your youngest daughter was not with him. We are about to reach the hospital, where Ira is."

"Okay. I will meet you there as soon as possible."

"And Raj?"

"Yes?"

"Let's keep this information to ourselves, for now. If Meera is really expecting my son's child, I believe it's not fit for her to know what happened to Vivaan."

"I was not planning to. I will take care of her."

"Good. See you." The king disconnected the call and now Mr. Kapoor, for the first time could feel anxiety seizing him.

After some time they reached the hospital and the 60 year old man leaped out of the car running inside like a lion chasing for it's prey.
"Meera." He took a breathe of relief when he saw his daughter signing some papers on the reception.