Decision

CHAPTER  23

"Who the hell printed this?" Meera yelled in frustration.

"Ma'am, there was a news reported at the venue." Her PR manager cringed in the corner.

"And he chose this date to print this? A day before my Engagement? Took a week to print this?" She asked.

"Ma'am, we'll keep a tight security from now on!" Her head security In Charge said.

"Its not about---"

"Meera." Vikranth entered her house with his mother and she froze.

Though a close family Event, but tomorrow her Engagement with Vikranth was a hot story in media. Also, one of the leading national paper posted a picture of her and Vivaan with a caption of 'Old Love Story, A new track.' A picture that was clicked by a generalist while they were in Paris celebrating their friend's wedding anniversary.

She couldn't utter even a single word so Vikranth asked her employees to leave and all three sat in the living room.

"How are you Meera?" Vikranth's mother asked warmly.

"I'm okay. Thank you."

"We saw the newspaper." She said after a pause.

"I can explain." Meera shivered.

"No, you don't have to explain anything. Vikranth told me he trust you and I trust you both." She smiled.

"I'm sorry, it was a mistake--"

"Hush now, come give me a hug." She got up and took Meera in her arms. After a moment Meera relaxed and hugged her back.

"We were here to give you this. You have to wear this tomorrow." She handed her a big traditional plate with a dress and jewelry.

"Thank you." Meera smiled.

"Well, where is our little one? And Ira?"

"Both are upstairs, with umm.. Samar. I'll call them."

"No.. No. You both talk, I'll go and meet her." His mother said and left.

After she was gone, Meera took a minute before she spoke again.

"Vikranth I can--"

"Meera." He took her hand in his. "We are getting engaged tomorrow and getting married in a week. I want to build our relationship on truth and honestly."

"I understand. I want that too."

"I'm glad that we are on the same page. Now, I'm going to ask some questions, can you answer them honestly please?"

"Yes."

"Thank you. Let's start then. Do you want to marry me?"

She gulped hard before answering him. "No."

He took a brief pause. "Do you want to marry him?"

"Yes."

"Do you still love him?"

"Yes."

"Do you think he still loves you?"

"Yes."

"But you can't marry him, and you have to marry me?"

"Yes."

"Do you think you'll be able to love anyone else? Me?"

She didn't speak for a moment. "I don't think so... No."

"Do you think you'll be happy with me?"