1

Mitch's face up there😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

It was a gorgeous fall day, orange and red leaves twirling to the ground and a warm breeze stirring the air. I watched from the car as the National Teen Vocal Championships building came into view. A lovely, newly renovated modern building perched on a swanky neighborhood was braced in all its glory.

"Coverin my ears like a kid, when your words mean nothi-"

I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing, or the group of laughing teenagers crossing the street right in front of me. I screamed and braked as hard as I could, barely missing them, yells and curses issuing from the teens.

"Watch it, loser!" A guy with an angelic voice and long black bangs yelled, as him and his friends dove to the side.

I yelled an apology and sank back into the seat, heart pounding. More careful now, I tried singing the same line of song again.

"Coverin' my ears like a kid- when your words mean nothing-"

My voice cracked from the pressure of tension. I groaned, pulling into the parking lot. My heart sank when I saw the same group of teens walking into the same building I was headed to. I took a deep breath and walked inside, fingers tightly grasping the lyrics I was holding.
I waited in line for my admission in a big meeting room crowded with people. It didn't take long, and one of the ladies helped me to my waiting room.

Inside, I was sitting inside a soundproof room running through my jumbled feelings. I tried to sing again, but my voice just wouldn't do it.
I heard a smirk and looked up, irritated. One of the teens I almost hit was smirking at me. He was like, 6'5 and with straight blonde hair. I stiffened at the sight of him.

"Scotty, sit down and shut up."  A girl with mocha curls said.

My fingers ruffled the sheets of music I was about to sing.
Don't mess up don't mess up don't mess up... My brain chanted.

Then it came. Like a punch in the face, I heard the words.

"Next up, Kirsten Maldonado."

Everyone presumably looked at me, and the girl with the mocha curls gave me a smile. I walked inside the auditioning room, my heart pounding.

Inside wasn't much. Just a piano and a couple shelves of books stacked on a table. The judges were sitting on a table in front of me, pens poised. They all said hi to me.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Maldonado. What have you brought to sing today?" One of the judges said.

"Umm, a cover I made of La La Latch." I somehow squealed out.

"Alright. Do you need anything else?"

"Just an F#, please."

The man tapped it on the piano and I took a breath.

"La la, la la la la la lalala lalala la! La la mmmmm. Left my heart out, where the rest of me was gone, you- you enchant me, you turn me all around."

My confidence grew as I hit every not right and every word perfect. The judges looked impressed. They scribbled down some notes and exchanged glances.

Somehow I finished and they clapped. "Thank you very much, Ms. Maldonado."

"Thank you!" I breezed out the door, feeling like the world was on my side.

After everyone was finished with auditions, we got directed to the main meeting room again and they served coffee and pastries and snacks.
I met the mocha haired girl again while reaching for an iced tea.
"Hey!" I greeted her. "What's your name?"

"Oh hey Kirstie." She said, smiling. "I'm Esther Kaplan."

"You're Avi Kaplan's sister?"

"Yup! He's my little bro. I like bossing him around. And that blonde boy I shut up, that was Scott Hoying. He's one of my friends but he has bad attitude. Don't mind him, he's a really nice person actually."

"Oh! I met him earlier in line."

We laughed and headed to an empty table. Soon we were deep in conversation about school, family, life, and that stuff. Avi came over and we talked some more.
Halfway through, I went back to the table to get another drink when I bumped into someone again, splashing the coffee on them.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry!" I yelled. "I'll get some napki-"
I glanced up. First at his name tag, which read Mitch Grassi, better then u and then at his face, with the long black bangs and the angelic voice. And the smoking anger in his eyes.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hey guys, thanks for reading! So technically this is a Popular Mitch Bully storyXD
Esther is actually Avi's sister in real life, fyi. Don't worry, Kevin's gonna be here, and the whole gang. If you request a cameo from your fave band/singer I might put them in.
THANKS ILYSM!!! <3