27 (final chapter)

Last chapter...
Rehearsals were exciting. We sat in a circle and Scott had his computer on. We searched for songs that would make good acapella arrangements. I liked Show You How To Love (an original) and Starships by Nicki Manaj. Mitch suggested I Knew You Were Trouble. Avi asked comically if we could sing about dragons.
For the whole time, Mitch kept glancing at me. I tried to ignore it, especially when Scott glanced at me and him too.
"Scooter, I'm hungry." Kevin announced after half an hour of discussing music.
"Me too. Do you have any food?" Avi added, where he was doing a handstand on the couch.
Scott nodded. "I have snacks in the white cabinet. Help yourselves. I think we need a break." He got up and stretched and went to the kitchen.
"Nooooo kidding are these dragon gummies?" I heard Avi shout.
When the three of them were gone, the silence between me and Mitch intensified again. Feeling awkward, I shuffled my feet on the carpet and started at my socks.
"What are you thinking upon Ms. Maldonado?" Mitch asked.
I shrugged. "How are you feeling here at Scott's? Glad to be away from your dad?"
He nodded. "Much better."
"I'm sorry about what happened." I offered.
"What I'm sorry about," Mitch jumped up from his seat and leapt over to mine- "is that we aren't together."
"Me too." I said, not sure if he was sarcastic or not. I felt him slide his hand into mine and squeeze it for a second. Then he hopped back over just as Kevin came into the room, eating a banana. "What's up guys?" He asked.
"Uhh..."
"You and Kirstin huh?" Kevin answered, knowingly. "I could tell by the exchanged glances all rehearsal." He took another bite.
"Please, please don't tell Scott." I asked.
"You know what, I'm totally for you guys being together, Avi-boy too." Kevin replied.
The three of us sat in silence while Scott microwaved something in the well, microwave. I could hear Avi making up little stories about the dragon gummies.
"...and then George came out and everyone froze as they saw him! He was big and green..."
"You know Avi, you're gonna eat those." Scott said.
"No way! George is my son. Weeeewwwwwww!" He flew George over the counter.
I laughed, than suddenly an idea struck me. "Hey, if you and Avi are for me and Mitch, we could convince Scott."
"Yeah..." Mitch agreed.
"But either way, it's your guys's choice." Kevin added. "Scott can't control you completely."
Mitch was biting his lower lip, thinking and frowning, huddled in his black sweater. He gave me a small and sad grin and I halved a smile and sat back on the couch, staring at the ceiling.

About five minutes later, Scott came back in, holding a bag of popcorn. "You guys ready to start-"
"You know what Scott?" Mitch interrupted, rudely, standing up to face the blonde.
We all froze. Even Avi stopped his dragon tales in the kitchen to listen.
"It's my choice that I want to be with Kirstin. You can't change that. I've been thinking this through and Kirstin has shown herself as nothing but kindness and selflessness to me. I know you're still upset over Rachel, but Kirstin is different. I just know it." Mitch spilled out. Scott looked surprised at this sudden outburst, looking from me to Kevin to Mitch.
"He's right Scooter." Kevin added quietly, as if in fear of Scott lashing out at him. "You can't force him. Mitch knows what he's doing. Kirstin does too!"
Scott dropped the popcorn on the coffee table and sat down slowly. "I guess you're right." He said in a soft voice. "I'm sorry. I should have been more supportive."
"It's okay Scooter." Kevin replied, sliding over and hugging Scott. Soon Mitch and Avi (he had come in I guess) joined in and I did too.
"I won't ever hurt any of you." I said into the group.
"Neither will I." Everyone else echoed, then laughed.
"Well what are we gonna do?" Kevin asked. He reached for some popcorn.
I shrugged. "Be Pentatonix, I guess?"
"Is it back to the music?" Mitch slyly grinned at me.
"Yes, I guess you guys can be together." Scott replied quietly.
"Aww Scooter!" I said.
"And Scott, not matter what happens I'll always be your secret boyfriend." Mitch added, rubbing Scott's arm.
"Oh, come on!" Kevin laughed.
"You two are stuck together forever." Avi rolled his eyes.
Mitch got up and Scott looked a little sad when Mitch sat next to me, because that wasn't just a simple action but a decision behind it.
"Okay, back to the music now." Scott re-opened his laptop with a smile. These songs won't arrange themselves."

The end.

Ohhhh fidgetspinners that's the end of the story! In the end they go on to become professional musicians who make amazing EPs and albums and award winning performances and shows and being amazing people in general I  L O V E. (kirstin™ reference hehe) I can't believe it! This story was a lot of fun and thank you to all the people who read/voted/commented. I love writing fanfiction especially PTX fanfics and you guys are one of the reasons I do. Now let me go watch some PTX videos in celebration! Maybe I'll write more Mirstie in the future! Love you guys:)
⬇️ Kirstin and Matt! (The guest bass) here's to new beginnings for PTX:)

 Now let me go watch some PTX videos in celebration! Maybe I'll write more Mirstie in the future! Love you guys:) ⬇️ Kirstin and Matt! (The guest bass) here's to new beginnings for PTX:)