6

Merry Christmas and happy Hanukkah everybody!!! Here's a little present for the holidays. Hope you guys got all you wanted and loved the A Pentatonix Christmas Album!!! 🎄🎄🎄🎋🎉🎊✨💫🎁🎁🎁🎄👏

"Kirsten Taylor Maldonado, what is this in your backpack?" My dad demanded, holding my backpack at an arms length. "Drugs and alcohol at your choir?"

A trembled as the smell hit me right in the face. "It wasn't me!" I yelled.

"Well doesn't this look like your backpack, Kirsten?" My dad said icily.

"I swear, there's this kid named Mitch who's always messing with us- IT WAS MITCH!!! He always pranks people and does really mean stuff! Honest!" I said helplessly, dropping my hands.

My dad studied the backpack with a muddled look on his face. "I don't know whether to believe you or not. Even so, I don't think you should go back to choir."

"Honest!"

"Kevin," my mom said at last. "I'm one hundred percent sure that was all a prank. Some kid at my old high school used to do that to his classmates all the time."

My dad seemed to think on that. "All right, Kirst." I was relieved when he called me by my nickname again, which meant he wasn't mad anymore. "We'll think about it for a while." He opened a trash bag and carefully dumped the bottles and weird stuff into it.

"Thank you, dad!" I squealed. I ran up to my room to start working on my song.

..............

Baby am I going crazy
Baby have I lost my mind
Maybe I'm so picky hide me
But I'm not in the world you're in

I sat back to look at the lyrics. I had spent nearly an hour coming up with a new song. Tapping my black gel pen against my notebook, I thought hard. Then I remembered I had some writing tips in my binder, so I reached into my thankfully drug free backpack and pulled out my binder, groping around for it.

My binder was completely empty.

"Oh my gosh!" I yelled, hands flying to my ponytail. "Where's all my music and score sheets?" I imagined all my hard worked lyrics and melodies and scores I'd worked on or gotten. I dug through my backpack, but found it empty. Anger coursed through my veins. It was okay if Mitch messed with me once or twice, but this was getting out of hand. I grabbed my phone and ran downstairs and out the door.

"K, where are you going?" My mom called.

I was halfway out the door as I answered, "to someone's house!"

*****

I finally stopped running when I approached the building I was looking for. A sharp looking suite of apartments that looked pretty new. Taking a deep breath, I pushed a lock of blonde hair back and looked at my phone.

Mitch Grassi
902 Cavalier St., Fourth Floor Suite 4
Arlington, TX 23757

This better be his apartment. I walked up to the front door and went inside. I jogged up a few flights of stairs and finally reached his door.

"Take my hand, take my whole life too... Cuz I can't help, falling in love... With ... You..."

I paused, listening to the near angelic voice sing those beautiful notes. Dang, I thought. That guy's good.

I knocked.

Seconds later, I braced myself as the door opened. And Mitch Grassi stood before me, wearing only a pair of cargo pants and holding a bottle of Sprite. I found myself staring at his bare upper body while he leaned out the door.

"OoH shoot i thought you were Scott!" Mitch yelled. He banged his head on the door yanking himself back in to find a shirt, I guess.
I waited at the door until he came back. When he did, thankfully wearing a shirt that read SUPERFRUIT, he burped a 5 second burp in my face.

"How may I help you, Princess Kirsten Maldonado?" He said almost mockingly, waving his hands in my face.

I smacked his arm. "Where the heck did you put all my stuff, you jerk?"

"Language, Kirsten." Mitch cooed. "One way to approach a bully is not to swear." He started to close the door.

Instead of letting it shut in my face, I yanked it open, sending Mitch tripping and sparwling all across my body. His face was almost touching mine. For a split millisecond, I was looking into his handsome face, counting every dashing feature he had. The next he was pinned under my elbow, my glowering face over his. "GIVE ME MY MUSIC YOU TOOK, GRASSI!" I howled.

"Mitch seemed to be a little offset, his chilly and superior personality a little put out. "Okay, okay, chill." He stood up and brushed himself off, beckoning to me into his apartment. It was quite small but very modern and good looking. A glossy white grand piano was set in the middle of the living room, sheets of music spilling off the stand. It was picture perfect.

Anyways, Mitch meekly reached over a case  and handed me my music. "You can go now." He said flatly.

"Until you tell me, you'll stop." I demanded, planting my feet on the varnished floors.

"Huh?"

"Mitch, you've been messing with me for the past week. I'd like you to stop right now and act your age."

"Fifteen. I'm fifteen."

"I'm only a year older then you, Mitch. And I feel a whole lot more mature. If you prank or tease me once more in my life, I'll have you kicked out of the championships." I snarled, gathering my things.

I didn't see the hairless cat that made his way across the granite countertop, glanced at me and knocked half of my armload to the floor. In two seconds the Sphinx cat was in my arms, leaning it's small head on my shoulder.

Mitch jumped. "Wyatt, come here boy." He said, holding out his arms. Wyatt ignored him and shut his eyes. I let out an involuntary squeal of delight. "Wyatt's adorable!" 
I smiled at Mitch, my anger temporarily melted away, both of us blushing slightly.

Bam, there's your present, guys. A 1000 word count chapter! That's prob the longest chapter I've ever done. Happy holidays!!!