5

"Mitch!" Esther yelled. "We were in line first." 

"Uh, so?" Mitch replied. He turned back to the cashier, who was looking bored and uninterested in her job. "Anyway's, I'd like a caramel cappuccino and..." 

A shiny piece of plastic caught my eye and I looked down. To my shock, I spotted an opened pack of cigarettes in his back pocket! I pointed it to Esther, who was looking equally surprised. A quick note to non singers- smoking for a singer is EXTREMELY bad for your voice. Also cigarettes were banned from the choir.

"Guys, quit staring at my butt." Mitch froze when he saw what we were staring at. "Uh-" 

"Busted..." A guy whispered behind us. I recognized him from choir, a guy named Kevin. 

His face red hot, Mitch turned and walked straight out the door. 

"You gonna get kicked out, pretty Mitch!" Kevin yelled. A few people laughed and Mitch started to run. 

"Well ladies, it looks like you are paying for your little friend!" The suddenly interested cashier cackled. "Twelve dollars and fifty cents plus taxing your order!" 

~~~~~

After half of my money disappeared from my wallet, (thanks to Mitch's extra purchase- I'm not a thief) we headed back to get our stuff. We grabbed our backpacks and started walking home. A few blocks down, Esther stopped and sniffed the air. "Do you smell that?" 

"Smell what?" I asked. "It smells like- air." 

"Oh gosh, eww!" Esther covered her nose, her mocha curls tumbling all over her face. I stooped over to pick up her plaid scarf, which had fallen. "It must have been that sewer." She pointed to a sewer a couple paces behind us. "Anyways, don't forget- next week you have to turn in your first ideas of your created song!" 

We continued walking until we reached Esther's house. I said bye and continued to mine. When I got home, I dropped all my stuff on the living room floor and went upstairs. 

One shower, a snack, and a nap with Olaf later, I went downstairs to see my very angry parents, holding out my backpack full of empty beer bottles, cigarettes, plus some horrifically smelling bagged drugs I hoped were faked.