Caged | Chapter 1

My hands were placed on my lap as I knelt in the corner of my cage, keeping myself in the waiting position that was instructed of me. The door to my cage was locked even though I wouldn't try to leave it if it was left open. It was just done to let me know who was in charge at all times. As I sat there in the dark I couldn't pull my eyes away from the door at the top of the stairs as I waited patiently.

There was no light in the basement that I was  put in. There was only a little sliver that snuck in through the crack under the door and around the boards on the windows. That didn't give me much though. The only reason I could make out any details as of right now was due to my eyes adjusting. Whenever I was first put down here I couldn't see anything. 

There was a constant draft in the room that caused goose bump to appear along my bare skin. Sometimes I got so cold down here I would start to shiver uncontrollably. The temperature went up and down depending on how long I was down here and I didn't know what was worse. If it was when it was warm, teasing me or when it was freezing. At least the cold was something that didn't give me hope. I never complained about it though because I knew it wasn't my place to.

I was usually on the other side of the wall, outside of the cage with a chain attached from my collar that sat tightly against my neck. I was in here today though because I had upset my Master before he had left this morning. I was for the most part always well behave but I had my days were I made many mistakes and it seemed like today I went over his limit that he could tolerate with me.

I filched back and drop my gaze from the door when I heard the handle of the door start to turn. This was one of the things I struggle with the most which was keeping my eye line were it should be. I had always had that problem no matter who it was towards. I did find it a lot harder now though, I was hoping starting without mistakes with himwould make him be more lenient with me.

A blinding light filled the room as the door was pulled open and I heard the creak of the wooden stairs that lead down to where I was. He was still wearing his platforms and I could tell that by the loud thud they made against the concrete floor.

I watch him stop in front of me and I fought the urge to look up at him when I saw his shoes stop in front of the door to my cage. I had to keep reminding myself not to and I tried as hard as possible to focus on his shoes and nothing else.

"Good boy. It looks like you're finally learning something." He praised me. "Look at me." He said in a demanding tone.

Leaning my head back I look up t him making sure not to meet his eyes. He may of told me to look at him but I know I'm still not supposed to make eye contact with him unless he says that directly.

"I knew you would start following my rules eventually I guess it just took a harsher hand to get you there." I could heard the smirk in his voice as he spoke and I felt pride fill me as I realized how proud I had made him.

________

I'm going to be doing something a bit different with the beginning of this story and you'll be able to tell what I'm doing when the next chapter is posted. I hope you all like this so far and I would love to hear some feedback on the story and what you're think about all of this.