Light | Chapter 5

He had finally left me alone in the trunk once again and shockingly I was comforted by the hatch shutting on me this time around. I think that was just because back here I was further away from him and I was comforted by that thought. When he did leave it wasn't without some extra precautions on his half. He tighten the chains on my hands, pulling them further above me head, closer to were they were tied up. This was making it nearly impossible for me to move around. He was smart enough to keep them a good distance away from the bar the chain was looped threw so I couldn't grab it and find a way to release myself. He also had put a few piece of black duck tape over the hole I had made in the tail light leaving me in darkness and removing the sense of hope I tried to give myself.

From the way the car moved as it drove I could till we were still on a dirt rode. I was trying to pay attention to the turns he made along the way but my brain just wouldn't focus on that even knowing how important it was. When I would think I had it all down I would just blank on which way he had turned last. Maybe trying to do this is a bit ridiculous considering by the time I may get to escape from here I wouldn't even remember it. Plus considering I couldn't see there was a chance he was taking more turns then necessarily needed to confuse me. 

I was distracted by everything I had seen when he had come back here. The thoughts of how he looked were all my mind could truly focus on. His fiery red eyes may not be staring into mine anymore but they were still stuck in my mind. I tried so hard to forget them but I just couldn't. They weren't normal at all and that factor was what frightened me. Seeing them made me worry even more of what I'm involved in now. No one else eyes can do that on there own. It wasn't human.

We drove for a while longer until I felt we were coming up on a paved rode from how little the car bounces as it moved. I felt it slowly come to a stop and as much as I wanted to cower away again I was no longer possible with how he now had me tied up. I started to shake a small bit from fear of what was to come. When he open the hatch this time my eyes snapped shut when the light met them. They were sensitive from being exposed to the dark for too long and I was scared to meet his gaze in fear they would still hold the same red glow from before.

"Aw is the light bothering your eyes?" Chris fake cooed at me with a chuckle at the end. His voice was dripping with sarcasm. "You should appreciate it well you still can. You won't be seeing sunlight for a long time depending on how long it takes you to learn to behave." He told me in a mumble as I heard the clank of the metal as he untied the chain. "Get out, now." He growled at me and I tried to move as quickly as I could, afraid of what he would do if I didn't move fast enough for him.

I almost felt myself trip over my own feet as I tried to get out of the trunk on my own. I quickly caught myself and did my best at getting my feet on the ground after that. He didn't seem to want to give me a hand. Instead Chris stood there with his arms crossed, glaring down at me. Once I was finally standing on my own two feet I barely was able to get my barrings before he was shoving me down to the ground. I caught myself by setting my hands in front to caught myself. If I hadn't I would of landed face first. Not like Chris would of cared, he would of probably liked to have seen that anyways.

My hands scratched against the rough paved ground and before I could adjust to my new position he started to pull me towards what I assumed to be his house. Him dragging me was causing me nothing but pain as my legs and arms were all but dragged against the rough surface.

Glancing up at the house I could see it had many levels to it and was covered away by over grown tears that were around the property. The wood of the house was painted black with red doors around the house. We came to a stop in front of the glowing red door that had caught my attention from the bottom of the driveway. The shade of red that the was door sent shivers up my spine as it seemed to match the color his eyes were before.