Ride | Chapter 4

When I felt the car start to moved I felt myself become filled with a sense of panic. I frantically started to look around, trying to find some sense of hope for me to hold on to. It seem to be that the further we got from Mikes house the more I was acting and feeling like myself again. I was able to think for myself and that was a feeling I needed right now. It was like whatever hold that place had on me was vanishing. I no longer felt the need to be quiet and obedient. As time went on I started to devolved a stronger need to escape. 

Looking around my eyes got caught on the back of the tail light which were exposed to me in the trunk. They had a slight red glow to them and I didn't know how I missed that before. That should of been the first thing that had caught my attention. I remembered hearing once that if you were ever trapped in a truck of someone car against your will you're supposed to punch out the tail lights. Doing that would expose you to being able to get attention from other cars that could be around you. Right now I knew that was possible one of my last restores and I was hoping it would work for me.

I moved myself back as I much as I could so I was able to place my legs in the right way so I would have the perfect angle to hit the tail lights. With a few hard kicks to the one that I was able to reach I heard the satisfying crack that I was waiting to hear. With another hard hit a small amount of light filled the dark trunk an I was easily able to push out the rest of the light.

I let out a sigh of relief and slowly moved myself over to the hole that I had created. Looking out I noticed we were on a long stretch of highway and I could see other cars coming up to us in the distance. They were quite a long way from us but I had to still try to get there attention before it was too late for me. I had no clue where we were going and he could turn out onto an abandoned dirt rode with no one on it any moment.

Moving myself so it was possible to stick my head out slightly I started waving it in hopes to grab someone attention. It was kind of difficult to do with them being bound together but I fought through the discomfort knowing I had to do this.  I knew if I was in one of the cars coming in our direction  I would do something about this if I was seeing what they were. This wasn't a normal sight to see that's for sure.

I could still see through the break in the headlight even with my hand sticking out and I watched the cars get closer to me. I was letting out small internal pleads that one of them would help me. The one car that was the closest to me was a green pick up truck and I could tell I had caught his attention from how he was driving behind us. He looked at me and started making hand gesture as if to ask if I was okay. I frantically shook my hand to let him know I wasn't and he nodded as he went to take a picture of what I amused to be the licences plate.

I felt the car quickly start to drift across the lanes on the highway and the truck got further away from my view. I saw it try to follow the car but I had a feeling Chris knew what I was up to somehow because he seemed to be trying his hardest to loose the car that was trying to save me.

Once the truck was completely lost behind the other cars in the lanes on the highway Chris turned down a rode that soon brought us to what appeared to be an abandoned dirt rode. Which was one of my biggest fears to end up on. There was no one out here to help me. All I can hope now is that picture the man in the pick up truck had taken was enough for me to be found before it was too late.

As we drove I just kept thinking about that truck that had seen me. It was like it was my last glimmer of hope and I was holding on to it for dear life. We had drove so far that I couldn't even make out the rode we were on in distance anymore. There was no form of salivation out here and it was disheartening for me to see with my eyes. It was reminding me of how trapped I really was at this point in time.

We moved a bit further and then the car moved to the side of the rode so quickly that dust from the dirt rode flew up around us as the car moved. It made anything I might of been able to see disappear amongst the brown fog cloud that filled the air.

I heard the driver side door of the car slammed shut after the car came to a full stop. I moved as fast as I possible could. There wasn't much room for me to move in here and I couldn't even move as far back as I wanted to with the chain around my throat being tied so tightly above my head. I cowered even more when the trunk flooded with light when he pulled the hatch open. I closed my eyes out of fear with the hopes that I would wake up from this horrible nightmare. It seems like it wasn't going that way when I felt his hand roughly collided with my cheek.

"You couldn't stay obedient for long could you?" He snarled down at me and my eyes snapped open out of fear for what he was going to do next. "I don't get why you had to break my fucking car. No one is going to find you even if they got my license plate. It's not registered so it's not traceable. Did you really think I was that stupid? You're mine now, you're nothing more then a piece of my property just like this car." My heart snake as he said that and he gave me a twisted smile as it was readable in my face how I was feeling. At moments like this I wish I had learned how to have a good poker face because it always seemed like what I was thinking was always visible on my face. 

My gaze moved up to meet his and I was frozen in shock when I saw them. There was nothing ordinary about them. His eyes had changed from the dark, rich brown they were before to a fiery red that would for sure haunt my mind for years to come. As they stared into mine it was like they were being engraved into my brain and I would do anything to remove the memory of them at this very moment in time.