Chapter 5

Bruce and Tony stood at the medical bed where the currently ill Nova layed. Bruce started to remove the boy's top and helmet, but Tony held his arm back.

"Shouldn't we call Nick first?" he asked.

Bruce shook Tony's hand off of him.

"No, Tony, because by the time we do that, Nova will probably be dead," Bruce cut off Sam's top and removed his helmet.

Bruce and Tony both gasped at the sight before them. Cut into his forehead was the word Revenge  and on his chest and arms, a sentence was formed, I'm not finished with you yet. Even the greatest can fall.

"So he's out to get more of us?" Bruce asked.

"The question is how many of us? Is it just one of us or all of us?" Tony said.

"First off we need to find out what 'it' is," Steve said as he walked in the door. "Another thing Spidey's awake."

After Bruce finished operating on Sam, the three men went over to Spider-Man's room. Sitting up in bed there was an awake unmasked Peter.

"Hey-y guys," Peter choked out. "How's the bucket head?"

Bruce and Tony exchanged glances and helped the wounded teen stand and led him to Sam's room.  Peter gasped at the sight of his friend.

"What happened?" Peter asked.

"The rogue Spider-Man tried to kill him, then sent his body as a warning message for us," Tony stated as he started down at Sam. "He would've bled out if we didn't get there when we did."

Spider-Man stared down at his wounded friend. 

"We have to take him down," Spider-Man said through gritted teeth. "He should've known better than to try to get to people I care about."

-------------

Natasha sat chained to the metal braces that held the building up. She watched as Doc Ock stood in front of the moniter that showed the news.

"Hmm, nothing yet, but don't worry dear Ms. Romanoff, my creation will make sure you see Hawkeye's demise," Doc Ock snickered. 

"Please, Clint, be okay," Natasha mumbled to herself.

-------------

Wade stood along the top of buildings to see if he could see anything. He started down at the warehouse that held Peter captive. He noticed the huge while in the wall and jumped through it. He looked around the shattered lab and noticed the stasis tube. He walked over to it and stepped in some sort of slime.

"Ewww," he said.

He grabbed one of his katanas and stuck it in the slime. It was mostly a yellowish color, but there was some gray and crimson in it.

"Interesting," he mumbled.

He kept his katana out and ran to the Tower.

--------------

Danny, Luke, and Ava all stared at Fury in disbelief as he gave him the report of what happened to Sam.

"So your telling me that Spider-Man tried to...kill Sam?" Ava asked.

"Yes, luckily the Avengers found him and he is currently in their care," Fury said grimly.

"Sometimes things that are present and what we think are not in line," Danny said.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" Luke questioned.

"Maybe there is something that we don't know about that changes everything," Danny translated.

"Come on guys let's go see what the Avengers have for us," Ava suggested.

The three walked out of the office. They all knew this wasn't like Peter, he never killed and would never try to hurt Sam.

--------------

Peter sat in the chair next to Sam's bed as he clutched the crutch in his hand tighter. He couldn't help but feel that it was all his fault. If he would've fought harder and not let Doc Ock make him lower his guard, he wouldn't of got paralyzed and could've been there to help Sam. He heard the door to the room open. A reassuring hand was gently placed on his shoulder.

"Peter, there was nothing you could do. The rogue spider would've just done the same thing to you."

The young teen looked up and saw Clint's gentle gaze meet with his and showed sympathy.

"But I could've been there and take the blow for him," Peter said.

"And you'd be in medical care too," Clint replied.

Peter gazed darted back to the bed where his wounded friend lay.

"Look, I've been hurt too and I have had friends that get hurt because of me, but I asked for their forgiveness and they forgave me. Like when Loki brought the Chitauri, he took control of my mind, and wanted me to kill Natasha. I didn't because she knew I wasn't myself, she helped me, and then she forgave me."

Peter looked back up at the archer.

"But it wasn't me who did it, then what do I do?" Peter asked.

"Then you have to make him understand what happened," the archer advised.

Clint patted Peter on the shoulder again, and turned to walk out of the room. Peter looked back down at the floor as Clint left. The doors opened and close as Clint left. Then he heard it open again.

"Clint, if your here to give me even more advice, I'm not in the mood," Peter snapped.

"But what if I'm not Clint?" a Sokovian accent said.

He looked up to see Wanda and Pietro standing there. They pulled two chairs up and sat on both sides of Peter.

"Your friend, he is not how I thought someone like him would be. I never thought that if I looked in his head, that it would be the way it is," Wanda stated.

"How so?" Peter asked.

"He's not just a guy with a helmet that gives him powers, he's way more than that," Pietro spoke up.

"He's not a superhero for the glory or fame, he's on a mission, and he's helping others to help him get ready for his mission," Wanda said.

"What's his mission?" Peter questioned.

"He's on a search, a search for his father. He fell asleep one night at home, but he was woken up by a explosion. He went to the garage where his dad slept and there was a hole in the wall and the helmet was gone. He tried to ride his  skateboard after him, but he fell and hit his head and was taken to the hospital. The Guardians of the Galaxy came and brought him the helmet and they trained him. He's on a constant search for his father," Wanda answered.