Chapter 20

Peter's eyes fluttered opened and automatically hear noises from the cradle. He looked around wildly and sighed in relief as he realized it wasn't quite morning yet and he still had time. He walked over to the cradle and saw that it had finished recreating Gwen's body. He went over and grabbed the large syringe filled with his cured blood and trashed the note. He opened the cradle and injected her with the syringe. After that he left the cradle open, but layed a white blanket over her, except her face, and then went back to sleep.

--------------

Gwen felt something she hadn't felt in a long time: she actually had to breathe to live. She fluttered her eyes open and was met by unfamiliar surroundings. It all then came flooding back to her. She looked around and saw an outfit of hers and Peter laying on a hospital bed. She got out of the cradle and grabbed the outfit to change into quickly. She then walked over to Peter's bedside and sat down next to him.

"I'm here, Bug-Boy," she laughed to herself.

She heard the sound of metal doors opening and slamming back shut.

"Who are you?" a voice asked.

She turned to see Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, and Steve Rogers.

"I'm Gwen, Gwen Stacy," she responded.

"That's a lie Peter told us you were dead," Steve replied.

"Until last night."

She turned back to Peter who was just now waking up. She smiled at him.

"I brought her back after thinking long and hard about it. Then I figured out my solution: my blood," he explained.

"What about the side effects?" Gwen' eyes widened in realization.

"Only one way to find out," Peter smiled.

He took off his mask and put it on her backwards so she couldn't see. He walked over and crumpled up another sticky note and threw it at her. At the last second she turned around and caught it. She gasped at herself and lifted the mask up.

"I have you powers," she gasped.

"Kid, what the hell did you do?" Tony asked. "We can't do this and have new superheroes popping up all over."

"There's, nn, a side effect for me to make me only want to do it, nn, once," Peter winced as he started to fall over.

Gwen ran over and let him lean on her and lead him back over to the bed and layed him down on it.

"He had to give up a lot of blood to make something that would help," Gwen sighed.

"So you're really the Gwen Stacy he talks about?" Tony questioned.

"Yep, that's me," she blushed as she rubbed the back of her neck, she was shocked that Peter had talked about her.

"So if you're really as great and amazing as he makes you out to be, then I'm guessing those new powers of yours will be used for good now right?" Tony asked.

"Well, yeah. If I decide to use them at all," Gwen murmured.

"With powers like that, and if we can get Peter to train you, you'll be fantastic," Steve stated.

They heard the doors open and close. They all turned to see a shocked Wanda.

"Um, hi," Gwen said to the brunette.

"Wanda, this is Gwen, Peter's I assume girlfriend since you're alive again," Tony introduced as he sent nervous glances to Steve and Bruce.

"Um, I might want Dr. Cho to check Gwen out, make sure everything is okay," Bruce interrupted the stare down between the two girls by leading Gwen to another lab in the facility.

"So, how did his dead girlfriend wind back up here?" Wanda asked.

"Peter realized the only reason he had feelings for you in the first place was to try to replace Gwen, but he wanted Gwen in specific so he thought for a while and used his blood to bring her back," Tony stated.

Steve gave him a glare.

"What? She had to find out sometime!" Tony yelled.

"It's alright," Wanda said as she walked back out of the lab.

"You get the feeling that she's pissed?" Tony asked.

"Yeah. Hopefully Pietro can keep her in check," Steve sighed.

--------------

"So she's good?" Bruce asked Dr. Cho again.

"Yeah, she seems stable so you can let her go see her family or something," Dr. Cho smiled at Gwen.

Gwen returned the smile.

"Well, then let's go see if Peter's awake," Bruce suggested.

Gwen nodded in reply as she let Bruce lead the way back to the lab. The doors opened and closed shut behind them to Bruce's lab.

Peter was standing next to Steve and Tony and talking to them, but it all stopped when Gwen and Bruce walked back in.

"She's good to go," Bruce smiled at Peter.

Peter ran over to her and swing his arms around her.

"Let's go see my mom and brothers," Gwen said.

Peter nodded in reply. He opened a window and picked her up, then jumped out of the window and started swinging for her apartment. He swung in her bedroom window where she threw him a bag of clothes for him to change into. He threw on the clothes over his costume and shoved his mask, gloves, and boots into the bag. Gwen grabbed a first aid kit under her bed and started to clean up the blood, mud, and grime off of his face. She nodded when she was done and then he swung them down to the lobby where they took the elevator up to the apartment. Peter knocked and Gwen's mom answered.

"Hey Peter what are you doing here?" she asked.

Peter motioned for Gwen to come forward. She walked in front of the door and her mom gasped.

"Hey mom," Gwen smiled.

"Gwen!" she started crying as she embraced her in a tight hug. "Come on in!"

Peter and Gwen walked in as Mrs. Stacy started to cook dinner. Gwen lead Peter onto the roof.

"So, what you gonna do with those new powers of yours?" Peter joked as he poked her in the side.

"I don't know. Maybe do what you do, but I'd need a superhero name," Gwen smiled.

"Spider-Gwen," Peter laughed.

"Shhhhh," she chuckled as she pressed her finger against his lips. "Can't give my secret identity away!"

The two continued to laugh.

"Alright, then Spider-Woman," Peter chuckled.

Everything WAS going right for once.

-------------

I think that's it! I've loved writing this, but I hope you've enjoyed reading this! Please go check out my other stories, especially A Web of Trouble, my newest story! Thank you for reading! That's all! Like I say with all of my stories, if you want a sequel, fifteen comments saying so and I will!