Chapter 14

Wanda stared at Kaine for a second. Her eyes grew wide.

"Then why did you come here when most of the Avengers are looking for you to mount your head on the wall? And come to me of all people?" Wanda asked.

"I needed someone who cares about Peter and I need your powers to help him," Kaine answered.

"Why my powers? What can it do to help him?" Wanda questioned.

"I'll just show you," Kaine replied. "But first."

Kaine threw Loki's scepter at the small wall on the side of the building and webbed it to the wall. Wanda's eyes grew wide, then Kaine picked her up and jumped off the building. He shot a web and swung up as they almost hit the ground. Wanda looked around and tried to search for Peter's mind, but to no avail. Kaine swung up on a building next to a warehouse.

"In there, we have to wait for everyone in there to at least leave or go to sleep or something," Kaine whispered.

-------------

Peter tried to fight against the symbiote, but now realized exactly how tired he was. He collapsed on the concrete floor in the room. Little did he know, Green Goblin made his way into the room with a small device. He laughed to himself and made his way over to the exhausted Peter laying on the ground.

"Remember it has to be directly on his spine in the neck," Doc Ock reminded through a headset.

"I know what to do you fool! I was also a scientist and you worked for me!" Green Goblin yelled.

Peter stirred on the floor and crouched down on all fours as Green Goblin made his way towards him. Peter's eyes widened and for a moment he realized he was in control of himself. He lept past Green Goblin and towards the door. He thought that since the door was open he could be free and get help, but it slammed in his face. He fell back to the ground and realized he was so tired he couldn't fight back. He looked up at Green Goblin and made one last attempt to get away by using all of his strength to try to smack the device out of his hand, but Green Goblin grabbed Peter's wrist and pushed him against the wall.

He turned Peter onto his stomach and injected the device into Peter's spinal cord in his neck. Peter screeched in pain. Goblin dropped Peter and he fell to the floor. Peter's eyes started to get heavy and he finally passed out.

----------

Wanda waited anxiously on the top of the next building.

"I'm going to check to see if they're still there," Kaine stated as he swung towards the building.

Wanda searched again for any trace of Peter, but found nothing. She felt tears start to form and threatened to fall. She feared the worst: that he was dead. Kaine came back out of the warehouse.

"Alright, so all of them are either asleep or have left. So, I can take you to see Peter," Kaine stated.

"Is Peter still......alive?" Wanda asked.

"Yeah, he's still alive," Kaine answered.

Kaine picked Wanda up and swung through the window. He swung through the warehouse until he finally made his way to the room Peter was in.  Wanda looked in through the glass. To her she didn't know what was with the thing that was in the room.

"That's not Peter," she choked.

"Yes it is. They found a symbiote called Carnage and made it bond with Peter. With it he is not in control of his own actions, but the symbiote is controlling him," Kaine sighed.

Wanda took a step closer to the glass and stared at the lifeless figure on the ground. She searched for Peter's mind, and this time found it. She did something simple, try to wake him up. Wanda succeeded and the form stood up and then jumped into the other wall. He ran around the room for a little bit, but then noticed Wanda. He crawled slowly over to the the glass and stared at Wanda for a while. Wanda placed her hand on the glass and Peter placed his directly across from hers. For once the symbiote seemed to let Peter be in control. The Carnage mask retreated down his face and to his neck and revealed the familiar bright red Spider-Man mask.

Peter reached up towards his mask with his other hand and took his mask off. Wanda stared at his face, which was clearly covered in blood. She was shocked by the dried and fresh blood that stained his skin. Their eyes met and they stared at each other for a while, until Peter broke the silence.

"Look I'm so sorry, but if I can take the pain for others, then I'm perfectly fine with doing so," Peter sighed.

"But you're not taking the pain for me," Wanda mumbled just loud enough for Peter to hear.

Peter's eyes grew wide and then he moved away from the glass.

"Stand back," he said.

"Peter, what are you doing?" Wanda asked.

"I'm breaking out," he replied.

Wanda moved to the side where Kaine was leaning against the wall. Peter ran forward and braced himself to break through the glass. He smashed through the glass and sent shards of glass flying everywhere. He grabbed his original Spider-Man mask and put it on. The Carnage symbiotic started to cover his face again. The rush of footsteps became apparent and Kaine grabbed Wanda and lept for the window. Peter was shortly behind and kept the the window after they made it through.

One of Doc Ock's tentacles came up and grabbed Peter's foot. He held onto the window seal where Wanda and Kaine waited for him. The Carnage symbiote retreated off of his face and he took his normal Spider-Man masked off. He looked at it and then handed it to Wanda. Doc Ock pulled harder on his foot and yanked Peter down from the window. Kaine quickly picked Wanda up and started swinging towards the Tower. He set her down on the roof. Almost immediately she broke down crying and sent every little thing on the roof floating the air. Her screams were so loud, Kaine was pretty sure everyone in the Tower could hear her.