Chapter 15

The rest of the Avengers came up to the roof and all of them were ready to kill Kaine.

"Why did you come back? Especially after you kidnapped Peter," Steve asked.

Kaine raised his hands up in surrender.

"I know that was bad, but that wasn't me. Doc Ock took control of my mind, just like he's doing with Peter as we speak," Kaine replied.

"Is this true Wanda?" Tony asked.

Wanda wearily nodded as she clenched Peter's mask in her hands. She saw that it was stained with blood and tears. Her tears.

------------

Doc Ock had Peter chained back down to the metal table.

"That was a foolish move of you Mr. Parker to try to escape," Doc Ock snarled.

He flipped Peter on his back and reached into the back of Peter's neck. He pulled out the small device that Green Goblin had injected earlier.

"Faulty wiring. Maybe I should let the symbiote be more free," he chuckled.

Peter shook his head side to side, trying to shake out the thoughts and memories the symbiote brought up. He started hyperventilating as it brought up the memory of Gwen's death.

--------------

Peter watched horrified as Gwen hopelessly fell to the ground, over and over and over again.

"Peter?"

He turned around and saw Gwen.

"You could've saved her."

He turned to the other side and started saw Carnage, well the Carnage form of himself.

"If you could've saved her if you had us," it snarled.

"No!" Peter screamed.

He looked down at himself and saw as the symbiote started to cover engulf him again. He clawed at it and started screaming when it would just crawl back up.

"Peter, relax," it was Gwen

She made her way to Peter's side and crouched down next to him.

"It'll be alright. I have a plan, but you need to relax."

He calmed down and his breathing slowed.

"Now, my plan is we are going to fake your death," she stated.

"Fake my death?" he questioned.

He then noticed the Carnage symbiote crawling away and evaporating into nothing.

"Yes, now this might hurt for a while, but it'll help in the long run," Gwen replied.

"But how?" Peter asked.

"You'll see," Gwen chuckled slightly

--------------

"Follow me!" Kaine yelled as he lead the Avengers towards the warehouse.

Wanda had called Sam, Ava, Luke, and Danny to meet them there, and Tony had called Sam Wilson and Rhodey to be on call. Wanda still clenched the stained mask in her hands as Pietro carried her. She searched for Peter's mind but found nothing like before.

Kaine gripped a small pill in his hand, but only he knew what it was for.

--------------

"What are you doing, Gwen?" Peter asked.

"Shhhh, I got into Kaine's mind and told him to sneak in here and give you a pill that will slow your heartbeat to one beat a minute," Gwen stated.

Gwen gripped Peter's hand. Peter assumed that he was about to take the pill.

--------------

"Stay here let me check it out," he ordered the Avengers and the SHIELD team.

He snuck in through the window like before and made his way over to the room Peter was in. He looked around and saw nobody but Peter. He went over to the door and opened it. Kaine walked in and saw Peter chained down to the table. He made his way over to the spider and noticed how unstable the symbiote was.

"The pill should help," he mumbled.

He looked at the small blue pill in his hand. He looked over at Peter and opened Peter's mouth for him. He shoved the pill into his mouth and Peter swallowed it. It was done. He walked out and closed the door. Kaine swung through the window to get the others.

-----------

Peter screamed in pain as the pill started to take effect.

"Shhh, it's alright. It's all going to be alright," Gwen soothed as she stroked through his messy brown hair.

Peter felt his heart slow down gradually. It hurt, but he knew it was necessary. Gwen clutched his hand harder. Peter's thoughts drifted. He loved Gwen. He loved her so much, but what about Wanda. Did he just like Wanda because she cared for other's like Gwen? Wanda was there for him now, and Gwen was there for him in the past. No, Gwen was still there for him. Right now she was there for him.

"You're unsure of me?" she asked.

"Well I've been talking to Wanda lately, and I just.....I don't know, like if I should still have feelings for you because you're here for me now, but Wanda has been there ever since I joined the Avengers. So I'm just trying to figure things out," Peter sighed.

Gwen kissed his cheek.

"As long as your happy, I'm good with whoever you like."

------------

Kaine led the others into the building. He hoped he wouldn't hurt them too much by faking Peter's death.

"In here," Kaine motioned to the room Peter was in.

Kaine walked over to the door.

"How can this be happening!?!? He was perfectly fine when we removed the device!" he heard Doc Ock yell.

"You must've done something wrong!" Ultron yelled.

"This is all your fault, Ock!" Goblin screamed.

"You must've hit a vital nerve!" Whiplash yelled.

"Goblin was the one who put the device in so he must've done something wrong!" oki screamed.

"Yeah! So this is your fault Goblin!" Vulture screeched.

The Avengers and Spider-Man's SHIELD team came in.

"Drop all of your weapons now," Steve ordered.

They did as he said and dropped their weapons. Kaine webbed them all to the wall.

"Why we're you arguing?" Natasha asked.

Doc Ock motioned to Peter. Tony walked over and took his helmet off. He took a gauntlet off and felt Peter's wrist and stared at Peter's chest for movement. He felt and saw nothing. Tony's eye's grew wide. He put his helmet back on.

"Jarvis check vitals," Tony commanded the AI.

"No heartbeat detected," the AI regretfully informed.

Wanda's eyes grew wide and tears formed very quickly. She broke down crying as she still clenched the blood and tear stained mask. This was much worse than the last time she  broke down crying. The whole building shook and everyone and everything was sent flying towards the wall.