Chapter 17

"He's awake," Bruce said between breaths.

"Really?" Wanda asked.

"Yeah," Bruce breathed heavily.

Wanda walked over to the door. Bruce blocked her path.

"Well, let me go see him!" Wanda yelled.

"I have to warn you," Bruce stated in a serious tone.

"About what?" she questioned.

"He's....... not himself," Bruce sighed.

Wanda's eyes slightly widened.

"Let me see him," Wanda said.

Bruce nodded. He walked towards his lab with Wanda and Pietro shortly behind. He lead them right past his lab. Wanda and Pietro gave each other concerned glances.

"Bruce? We past your lab. Where are we going?" Wanda asked.

Bruce sighed as he lead them towards the cell block. Wanda gave Pietro a worried and confused glance.

"Bruce why are you taking us to the cell block?" Pietro tried.

Bruce still kept quiet. Wanda looked ahead and saw everyone in front of a certain cell. She looked around and saw all the others were empty except she assumed this one. Steve looked over and caught Wanda's glance. Wanda tried to run to the front, but Steve grabbed her and stopped her from going any closer.

"Wanda. I don't know if you're ready to see him," Steve sighed.

"I want to see him," Wanda stated as she broke from his grasp.

She just then noticed huge claw marks running across Steve's cheek.

"Woah, Wanda, I don't think you need to see him yet," Tony suggested as he grabbed her arm.

"I want to see him," Wanda growled with rage.

The entire room shook. Everyone turned to face Wanda. Tony let go of Wanda's arm. A whimpering sound could be heard coming from the cell. Wanda walked forward and everyone made way for her to be at the front. She walked up and stared at the cell. Inside of it was Peter, covered in the Carnage symbiote and trying to find a way out.

--------------
(Earlier)
Peter could feel the pill wearing off. He cracked his eyes open and was blinded by bright lights. He closed his eyes and cracked them open to check his surroundings. He saw the familiarity of Bruce's lab. He let out a sigh of relief.

"You awake, kid?" he heard Bruce ask.

"Yeah," Peter croaked.

"Good," Bruce replied.

He went over to Peter and started checking vitals and taking some tests on Peter. Peter was calm through all of it. He felt something crawl around his neck. He looked down and saw a white blanket covering his body. He lifted the blanket. Peter's eyes widened at what he saw.

"C-Ca-Ca-Carnage?" Peter stuttered.

Bruce walked over immediately and held his hands up in surrender.

"Don't freak out. We couldn't get it off of you unless you were awake," Bruce said calmly.

"Then. Get. It. Off!!!" Peter yelled.

The Carnage crawled up his neck. Bruce ran over to the phone.

"Get everyone available right now in my lab, except Wanda and Pietro," Bruce stated.

Within seconds, Tony, Steve, Natasha, and Clint all rushed in. Peter was up on his feet.

"Bruce get out of here!" Steve ordered.

Bruce ran out the door. Steve walked forward slowly.

"Peter. This isn't you. Come on you can't let it control you, Peter. You have to be there for your the team, your Aunt May, your team, and what about Wanda? She hasn't eaten or talked to anyone in days. You have to be there for everyone, Peter," Steve tried.

Peter's eyes widened. He stared at them for a long time. Then he spoke.

"I-I'm t-trying," it came out as a snarl.

"Then get rid of it, kid," Tony ordered.

Peter's eyes returned to slits.

"No!" he yelled.

He kept forward at Steve and clawed across his face. A very visible claw mark started bleeding. He pushed Steve down and kept over at Clint. He punched Clint and when everyone else looked, Clint had a black eye. Natasha raised her wrist stingers at Peter.

"Peter, this is only going to end badly," Natasha reasoned.

He growled in reply. Natasha fired a high electrocution stinger at him. He fell to the ground in pain. Clint got back up and fired a sedative arrow at him. Peter's body went limp. They all took a sigh of relief after dealing with Peter. They then took him to the cell block and notified everyone except his Aunt May.

-----------

Wanda's eyes grew wide. She walked over next to the cell. Peter seemed to notice her. He ran over and tried to grab her through the bars. Wanda walked backwards. Peter seemed to the know who she was. He stopped for a second and cocked his head to the side. The Carnage slithered down his neck and revealed his face. He didn't speak, but just stared at Wanda. He reached his hand through the bars and the Carnage crawled up his arm to reveal his actual hand. Wanda took his hand.

Peter kept quiet as if he said something the entire moment would disappear. He took his hand away. Then the Carnage took control again and covered his face and hand again. He jumped on the wall and crawled up on the ceiling. He sat down on the ceiling and watched as everyone stared at him, but only kept his focus on Wanda. Pietro walked over to Wanda.

"Come on it's not safe to be here for too long," Pietro mumbled.

Peter leapt off the ceiling and towards the front of the cage. He hissed at Pietro. Pietro backed away from Wanda.

"You're right," she said.

She walked at the front of the cell. The symbiote crawled down Peter's neck and revealed his face. He took her hand and placed it on his cheek.

"I'll be back tomorrow, Peter," she whispered.

He nodded in reply. He let go of her hand. The Carnage covered his face again. He jumped back up on the ceiling. Wanda walked with Pietro back to her room. They sat down on the couch in her room. They turned the tv on and just flipped through the channels.

"I wished everything was back to normal," Wanda mumbled so quietly that nobody heard her.