Chapter 16

Sam cautiously ripped the chains off of the metal table that held Peter down. Peter started to fall forward, but Tony and Luke caught him.

"Who's going to tell his Aunt May?" Ava asked to the group.

"I will," Wanda mumbled through breaths.

Ava nodded. Sam took Luke's spot and Tony and Sam started flying back to the Tower slowly. They went very slowly, but made sure nobody saw since it would cause some serious problems. They eventually arrived at the Tower were Bruce was waiting for them. They flew through the window.

"What happened? Get him to the lab right now," Bruce stated.

Sam and Tony flew Peter to the lab.

"Right here," Bruce motioned to the hospital bed in front of him.

Sam and Tony carefully laid him down on the hospital bed as Bruce did a thorough examination. Bruce hooked him up to a heart monitor.

"Dr. Banner, he's dead," Sam informed the scientist regretfully.

"Just wait a minute," Bruce said.

In about a minute the flat line spiked up once.

"Look, that's one beat a minute," Bruce pointed to the screen.

"How did you know?" Tony asked.

"I made a pill to help me with the other guy, it slowed my heartbeat down to once a minute, but I could get out of it because of the other guy and I don't know what effects it could have on Peter," Bruce sighed.

"So what does that mean?" Sam asked.

"It could mean anything, even him actually dying," Bruce stated sadly.

Bruce walked over and unplugged the heart monitor.

"It's pointless, and to Wanda it's like she's lost him already," Tony mumbled.

Wanda rushed in and ran over to Bruce and started asking him questions, most of which nobody could understand. Bruce just held up his hand.

"There's nothing we can do," Bruce informed her regretfully.

He walked over and covered Peter with a white blanket, except his head. The Carnage seemed to panic at Peter's one heart beat per minute and retreated to reveal his face. His bloody, scrunched up in pain face.

Wanda ran out of the room she couldn't take it anymore. Pietro ran after her.

"Wanda what are you doing?" he asked.

"I can't be in there anymore," she choked out between bursts of tears.

-------------

Peter looked at Gwen.

"What now?" he asked.

"We just have to wait for the pill to wear off," Gwen stated.

Peter groaned in response.

"Would you rather still be in that warehouse?" Gwen joked.

"No," Peter chuckled.

Gwen stroked through his dark brown hair and stared at his brown eyes. Peter stared back at her. He reached his hand up and ran his finger through her blond hair. He felt tears start to form.

"I've missed you so much," he softly cried.

"I know," she sighed.

"I-I don't want to go back I want to stay here. With you," Peter sobbed.

"Look at me," Gwen ordered.

Peter looked up at her.

"New York needs you, and I need you to go and be their hero," Gwen stated. "I'll meet you again one day, but for now your staying on earth and you're going to go and have a great time with Wanda once this pill wares off."

"How long will that be?" Peter asked.

"A few days at least," Gwen answered.

------------

"Wanda. You have to come out you haven't eaten ever since we brought Peter back," Pietro knocked.

It had been two days since they brought Peter back and Wanda was taking it all very hard. She hadn't eaten anything or even talk to anyone really. Inside her room, it was a wreak. She had been having breakdowns in her sleep and when she would wake up her room would be mostly trashed. Everyday Pietro would come and try to convince her to come out, but to no avail.

"Wanda if you won't come out then I'm going to come in," Pietro sighed.

"The door is locked. How are you going to get in?" Wanda asked.

Pietro smirked slightly. He ran to Tony's lab quickly.

"What do you want Pietro?" Tony asked Pietro.

Pietro picked up a small device that lay on one of the many desks in the room.

"Wanda won't open her door, so I'm using this to go in," Pietro smirked.

"We haven't even tested it yet kid," the billionaire reminded.

"This is the test. If it doesn't work you're going to have to buy a new door, and probably already a new lock," Pietro replied as he ran off.

He ran in front of the door and turned the device it. It hummed to life and he aimed it at the lock and pressed a button. A laser shot out and the knob fell off. He turned the device off and pushed the door open. He had to squint in the darkness to make anything out. He gasped at the sight he saw. His sister's once beautifully decorated room, was now destroyed for the most part. As for Wanda, her beautiful brown hair hadn't been brushed and she had taken a shower or changed clothes either.

"Wanda, you can't do this," Pietro said as he sat down next to her.

"Why not?" Wanda asked.

"Because you look terrible and your room is destroyed, it looks like the big guy was in here."

Tears dripped down her face, it was obvious she had cried pretty much the whole time.

"Now go clean yourself up, while I clean up your room," Pietro suggested.

Wanda nodded in reply as she walked over to her bathroom. Pietro looked around and ran and got stuff to start cleaning. He ran and used his increased speed to clean the entire room, put stuff back together, and put furniture where it belonged. By the time he was done, Wanda was done taking a shower. She came back out with a towel on and grabbed the black dress she liked and her gray jacket. She walked back into the bathroom, put the clothes on, and dried and brushed her hair. She came back out a few minutes later.

"What movie do you want to watch?" Pietro asked.

"How about........" Wanda was cut off by Bruce walking in.

"He's awake," Bruce said between breaths.