Chapter 10

Kaine, Scarlet Spider thought to himself. Kaine? He knew it would take some getting used to. Doc Ock had always referred to him as it or my greatest creation. Peter looked down through the hole in the glass of the warehouse. He saw scattered around several tools, computers, and.......several viles of his blood. He shivered at the thought of what Ock had done to him. Clint and Natasha were bound to two poles across from Doc Ock.

"You guys better be getting back," Kaine told them.

After that, they all looked at him and then slowly dispersed. After they all had left, Kaine swung back into the warehouse.

"So, how'd they take it?" Clint said mockingly.

"Surprisingly well," Kaine remarked.

"Do Peter help you out with a name?" Natasha asked.

"Yeah, he gave me the name Kaine," he replied.

"Not bad," Natasha mumbled.

"Get over here!" Doc yelled at Kaine.

He slowly walked over to Doc Ock who was working on something.

"Care to explain why you were talking to our enemies?" Doc Ock snarled.

"Our enemies? OUR enemies? I think you mean YOUR enemies! You created me to go out and do your dirty work so you don't get caught!" Kaine yelled at him.

"Right you are," Doc growled.

He grabbed what he was working on and injected a syringe into the back of Kaine's neck. Kaine yelled and started screaming in pain.

"What did you do to me, Ock?" he demanded.

"If you won't do what I tell you to, then I'll make you!" Doc Ock laughed as he pushed a button and suddenly Kaine stopped screaming.

Kaine looked back up at Ock with a blank stare.

"Good. Now that we won't have any more complications, go and kidnap that Maximoff girl. I could care less if she's battered, bruised, or bleeding, as long as she's alive," Doc Ock ordered.

"Yes sir," Kaine said as if he didn't have a heart. "What if I run into Spider-Man?"

"Then bring him to me. Again, as long as he's alive I don't care what you do to him," Doc Ock snarled.

He looked up and swung out of the window, sending shards of glass everywhere. Clint and Natasha gave each other worried glances.

------------

Wanda was ixn her room getting ready to go to bed. She walked out from the bathroom and sat down on her bed. She laid down on her bed and pulled the covers up. She then heard a thump on the window she sat up and looked. It was Kaine. He opened the window and climbed in.

"Kaine? What are you doing here?" Wanda asked worriedly.

Kaine kept staring blankly at her.

"Kaine?" she asked again.

"My mission," he growled.

He lept and tried to stab her with one of his talons. She used her telekinesis to try to set up a barrier between herself and Kaine.

"Pietro! Somebody! Help!" Wanda screamed at the top of her lungs.

Pietro then ran in there as fast as he could and pinned Kaine against the wall.

"Are you hurt?" Pietro asked Wanda.

"I'm alright," she replied.

"What's going on in here?" Nova asked as he walked in.

"Kaine tried to attack Wanda," Pietro snapped.

"I knew he was bad news," Sam mumbled under his breath.

Kaine pushed Pietro off of himself and onto the floor. He webbed Pietro up. Sam raised a fist at Kaine that glowed with his Nova powers.

"You shouldn't of came here," Sam snarled through clinched teeth.

Kaine stared blankly at Sam. He then brought both talons out and kept at Sam with them both pointed at him. Sam blasted him and sent him flying into the wall. After Kaine got back up and lept back at Wanda. He pulled her hair back and had one of his talons at her throat.

"Move, and I kill her," he growled.

"Kaine, Stop!"

Peter swung in through the window.

"If Doc Ock wants me, he's not hurting anyone else," Peter stated.

He knelt down on his knees and kept his head low. Kaine dropped Wanda's hair and moved his talon away from her throat. He walked over to Peter and hit him as hard as he could on Peter's head.

"Webhead!" Sam yelled.

Kaine turned to him and webbed him up. Kaine made him hang upside down from the ceiling.

He looked over at Wanda and webbed her to her bed. Kaine them webbed all of their mouths shut. He picked Peter up and swung out of the window.

Sam tried to move and get someone's attention that was in the building, but realized that if he struggled he would fall from the ceiling. He looked around and saw a camera in the corner of the room. He tried to reach out with his hand and touch it, but to no avail. He then saw that Pietro was next to the panel for Jarvis in the room.

"Pietro," he said, but it was slightly muffled through the webbing.

Pietro looked up and Sam pointed to the panel. Pietro moved over to it and opened it up with one of his hands. He looked through it and saw the button that was used to alarm the other Avengers if there was an emergency. Pietro pressed it. In about a minute, Steve, Tony, Bruce, and Thor all rushed in.

"Woah, what happened?" Tony asked as he went over to Pietro and cut the webbing off of him.

"Kaine....tried to attack Wanda...I came in because I heard screaming and I find Kaine here trying to attack her," Pietro said as he breathed heavily.

"Then how come Wanda is still here?" Steve asked as he cut the webbing off of her.

Thor flew up to the ceiling and cut Sam down and the webbing off of his mouth.

"Peter came here. He wouldn't let Kaine take Wanda and convinced him that Doc wasn't after Wanda and was after him," Sam answered.

"The he kidnapped Peter instead of me," Wanda sighed.

"He webbed us up and webbed our mouths shut so we couldn't scream for help," Pietro said.

"He took Peter?" Tony asked.

"Yeah," Sam replied.

"Then suit up," Steve ordered.