Chapter 9

Sam was in a dream world from the sedatives he presumed the Avengers had given him to help him.

He was walking through a more crazy version of New York. Patches of ground swirled up around him and......his house?
It wasn't floating it was in the place of Central Park. He walked closer to the door. He opened it to reveal his mother and younger sister.

"Sam!" his mother exclaimed.

"Is that my boy?"

He turned around and saw his dad.

"Dad?" he asked.

His dad nodded.

"Sam, you have to come and help us, help the Avengers, help New York, help the world!"

He turned around and saw his team.

"Go. Go save the world," his dad spoke.

"But I want to stay with you," he said.

"But the world needs you, needs Nova."

His dad patted his helmet and pushed him towards the door with a smile. Sam turned and smiled at his father's approval.

Sam was pulled back to realty and started hyperventilating. It wasn't just a dream, but a message. He looked around and found his helmet he slipped it on and his suit started to wrap around him. He had to help out he just knew he just had to.

---------------

"So we have the plan to destroy the Avengers and Spider-Man?" Doc Ock asked.

"Yes, but we must kill the girl where they can all see," Loki responded.

----------------

Scarlet Spider swung from building to building, trying to find Spider-Man, but with no luck.

"Ugh, where are you Spider-Man," he mumbled under his breath.

He leaped on top of a building and looked around, then catching a glimpse of red and blue swing above the streets.Scarlet Spider started to swing after him.

"Hey! Wait up we need to talk," he yelled at Spider-Man.

--------------

Peter was going to go do his daily patrol around the city. He leaped out of his room's window and started to swing through the streets of New York. He then heard a voice call after him.

"Hey! Wait up we need to talk."

He turned around and his eyes grew wide when he saw his clone chasing after him. EH swung even faster, making his way towards the SHIELD HQ. He then realized he was close to Avengers Tower. He saw the familiar A on the side of the tower and swung towards it. What he didn't expect was that his clone would catch up to him and shot a web at him, tying him up. He grabbed Peter and swung  up on top of a building. 

"Hey! Leave me alone!" Peter yelled.

"Sorry, but I need to talk to you," the rogue said. 

He laid Peter on a small building on top of the roof that had a door that had steps that led down to the rest of the building. 

"What do you want with me you killer?" Peter asked.

"First off I was manipulated into doing that," Scarlet Spider snapped. "Secondly, and why i came here to talk to is more than what Natasha told me to ask, is.."

"Wait! You found Natasha? What about Clint?" Peter asked.

"They are in a warehouse by the river, Natasha sent me here to ask you about a name for me, but I decided to make a plan while trying to look for you and I have a plan to take down Doc OCk and the rest of his entourage....."Scarlet Spider started.

"Entourage? Who's in his entourage?" Peter asked.

"Oh you know, just the most dangerous and deadly villains in the world," Scarlet Spider said. "And Natasha and Clint told me to keep it quiet that I knew where they were so I could surprise Ock and stab him in the back, not literally though."

"Well I like the idea of getting back at Ock, and are you sure Clint and Natasha are fine with this?" Peter questioned 

"I'm sure," Scarlet Spider replied.

Suddenly, a blue beam came crashing down and shot Scarlet Spider back and nearly fell off the edge.

"Hey! Don't get any closer to Webs!" 

Scarlet Spider looked back at him and saw an arrange of heros, only one actually on the Avengers other than Peter. White Tiger, Iron Fist, Power Man, Nova, and Scarlet Witch stood there. Wanda went over to Peter and cut the webs off of him and helped him stand up. 

"Hey it's okay. Scarlet Spider actually isn't bad," Peter tried. 

"Be quiet Webs. He's obviously tricking you," Sam said through gritted teeth. "And I want a round two with him, it won't turn out how it did last time."

"Nova, he's fine. He was manipulated," Peter started. "He knows where Natasha and Clint is."

"I'll take you to the warehouse," Scarlet Spider said.

They backed off.

"Wanda look in his head just to make sure," Nova growled.

Wanda stared intently at him as her eyes glowed a steady red color.

"He's telling the truth," Wanda said surprised.

"Fine, show us where this warehouse is then," Nova said as he lowered his fist.

Scarlet Spider nodded and started swinging through the streets of New York. He looked behind him to see all of them following him. He looked for the river, which he found quickly, and then started skirting across the edges until he saw the warehouse Doc Ock was holding Clint and Natasha in. He landed on the building next to it.

"Stay here, Ock will be mad that I left," he scowled under his mask as he said it.

He swung in through the already broken window and was met by a very displeased Doc Ock.

"Where have you been?!?! They could have escaped!" he yelled as he directed towards Natasha and Clint.

"Trying to create more bad press for Spider-Man, but the crook got away and all I did was cut his tongue off," Scarlet Spider faked an upset look with himself.

"Just do it while I'm in the lab next time," Ock snarled as he returned to his work.

Scarlet Spider looked over at Clint and Natasha and they motioned for him to go back to the others.  He swung back through the window to meet the others.

"Look through that window and make sure Ock doesn't see you," Scarlet Spider said.

While the other went to look through the window, Peter stayed with Scarlet Spider.

"I got it, Kaine," Peter smiled.

"Kaine?" Scarlet Spider asked.

"Yeah, because of all the cain you've caused us," Peter smiled.