Chapter 19

"Peter?" a worried voice asked.

His head hurt. He felt as if he had been hit by the subway. Over and over and over again. He slowly cracked his eyes, but wasn't blinded by the lights of Bruce's lab. He was met by the scenery of Gwen's bedroom, and the voice? It was Gwen. He tried to sit up, but pain spiked through his body.
Gwen placed a hand on his shoulder and pushed back down.

"Easy, Bug-Boy," she laughed.

Peter smiled. He loved it when she had called him that. He missed that so much when she.....died. He thought quietly to himself. Peter just let his thoughts drift. Then they drifted to Harry. Had he been crazy enough to think that Peter's blood could work as a cure for diseases?

"Gwen? What if my blood could actually work as a cure?" he asked.

"Well then it could help save people from dying probably, but at what cost? They could end up with Spider-Man powers, and that could cause the whole city to go into chaos," Gwen reasoned.

"But what if it could bring you back?" Peter asked.

Gwen looked at him with wide eyes.

"Maybe Harry wasn't so crazy saying it could save a life, maybe it could even bring somebody back from the dead," Peter suggested.

"But how much blood would be needed to do that?" Gwen questioned, a worried look crossing her face.

"A lot, so that's why I could probably only do it once," Peter sighed.

"But what about a body?" Gwen asked. "My tissues would've already deteriorated."

"Bruce knows someone," Peter stated.

"Dr. Cho?" Gwen questioned.

"Yep. She could work off of your bones and somehow make it into a body," Peter said.

"But where does your blood come into it?" Gwen asked.

"Well you can't just through stiff together and make it into life. So that's where it comes in," Peter answered.

Gwen leaned in and pressed her lips against Peter's.

"Whatever makes you happy, Bug-Boy," she laughed once more as everything started to fade away.

----------------

Peter heard a beeping noise. He fluttered his eyes open to see the familiar scene of Bruce's lab. He looked around to see nobody, and decided that this would be better to do on his own. He stood up and walked over to one of the tables Bruce had set up near the cradle. He immediately took a syringe and drew some blood from himself. He started curing it so it could act as an antidote. He walked over to the window as he left his cured blood to synthesize. Peter found his mask and pulled it over his head. He opened the window and jumped out. He swung to his Aunt May's house first. He landed in his room and changed into his normal clothes and then swung back out to the door to knock. His Aunt May opened the door.

"Peter," she gasped as she flung her arms around him. "I've been so worried about you. The police said they'd try to find you, but they had nothing to go off of. I'm just so glad you're home."

"I'm alright, Aunt May. I got caught up working at with Mr. Stark, I haven't slept until today. I lost track of time completely and the fact that the Avengers had an emergency and left me to take care of the Tower. It was just crazy," Peter tried to calm his Aunt down.

"Well come on in you must be hungry," Aunt May lead him in.

"Actually I ate at the Tower, so I'm just going to run upstairs and take a nap," Peter faked a yawn as he ran upstairs.

He changed back into his Spider-Man clothes and locked his door. He swung out to the garage and grabbed a shovel and a large bag. What he was about to do was just sick, but he had stolen some Stark tech to help him. He swung to Gwen's grave where he dug up her bones and buried the coffin back under ground. He used the tech to automatically grow the grass back. Only now did he realize that it was the middle of the night. He swung to Gwen's family's apartment, where he grabbed one of her favorite outfits. He jumped back out the window and headed for the Tower, which he in through the window to Bruce's lab and closed it behind him.

"Jarvis? Don't tell anyone about this and make the video tape look like I'm still passed out," Peter ordered the AI

"Yes, Mr. Parker," the AI answered.

Peter played Gwen's bones very carefully and started typing in data on the cradle. Surely enough, the cradle got to work and started to reform Gwen's body. He went over and grabbed the syringe filled with blood and started to collect as much blood as he needed. He drew more syringes filled with his blood as he cured it and synthesized it.  He now realized how tired he actually was from the blood loss. Just in case he wrote on a sticky note Don't worry about me, just inject this into the body -Peter. He played the outfit of Gwen's along with the syringe and walked back over to the hospital bed where he fell asleep.

--------------

"I can't believe you're doing this, Peter," Gwen gasped

"Gwen you were and still are my everything. I guess I kinda missed you so much I wanted Wanda to replace you, but nobody can, Gwen," Peter replied.

Gwen's eyes were still wide in shock.

"But your willing to give up enough of your blood to make you pass out to get me back?" Gwen asked.

Peter nodded in reply.

"Gwen, I have lost it since that night. I need you," Peter sighed.

Gwen walked over to him and placed her hand on his shoulder. She walked in front of him and kissed him.

"Soon, Bug-Boy, Soon," Gwen smiled.

Peter grabbed her hand and brought it up to his cheek.

"I've really missed you," he murmured.

"I can tell," Gwen giggled.

Peter smiled.

"I missed that too," he smile as she continued to laugh.

Soon, the whole scene started to drift away.