Chapter Five ~I Want to Go~

"W-why?" I asked.

"Well, I have school tomorrow and I want to be sure you can handle yourself here just long enough for me to get back." He rubbed his hands together.

"School?"

"Yeah," He nodded, biting his lip. "You know, it's where we go to learn. So we can get a life and not work at a Mc Donalds." He laughed. This could be my chance! I could go to school and learn all about everything I wanted to know!

"I want to go!" I jumped excitingly.

He laughed again, ruffling up my hair. "I don't know about that one, hyper child." He walked passed me.

I stood in my spot only momentarily before chasing after him. "Why can't I go, Eli?"

"Because I don't want to risk you getting caught. People can be cruel."

"I can handle myself!" I whined.

He smirked. "Sure. Anyways if you could I would prefer for you to be with me in some sort of way. I need you in my sight. Also, I wouldn't know how would we pull it off without you getting discovered."

I thought about it, before grabbing my hood. "My hoodie."

"I don't think it will stay on very well."

I huffed, crossing my arms. Giving him a pouty face. He looked back at me and chuckled.

"I'm sorry, Fawn. I would love for you to come to school with me, but I don't want people to find you out. We gotta try to hide your ears, little white dots, and your tail."

I rolled my eyes, plopping down onto the couch in my favorite spot. He seemed like he was thinking, then he came up behind me. He grabbed my hoodie, looking at the collar of it.

"What are you doing?" I squirmed.

"Hold on," He found the tag and read over it before letting go. He sat next to me, and scooted closer. Gently grabbing my chin, tilting my head up. I could feel his warm breath caress my face. He was staring intensely at my face, scanning over it. I felt the blush rise to my cheeks, I tried to look down and away, feeling awkward from the closeness.

He chuckled, "Is it just me or are you blushing?" He smiled, letting go.

"I am not!" I protested, ears laying flat to my head.

"Go look in the mirror, I'm sure your reflection will tell you otherwise." He gestured towards the direction to the bathroom.

My mouth was making a slight "O," then I crossed my arms again, setting my feet just on the edge of the table in front of me. I stared off ahead of me.

"Fawn," He said.

My ear flicked back up, hearing my name and my eyes went to him. He approached me, leaning over the couch so his face was just a little away from me. "How bad do you wanna go?" He mumbled.

"Really bad." I looked up to him with a bit of hope in my eyes.

He sighed, tapping the top of the couch. He seemed to be pondering my response. "I will think about it." He responded, slowly getting back up.

"Really?!" I gasped.

He nodded slowly, I jumped up and threw my arms around his neck.

"Whoa!" He laughed, hugging back quickly then letting go after a minute. "Now, I'm not saying yes. I'm saying I will think about it."

I smiled at him from ear to ear, excited.

"You are like the only person in the world that would want to go to school or be excited about it." He slowly shook his head.

"I'm curious." I shrugged.

He snickered. "I think I could already figure out that you're a very curious person."

"When is school?" I asked.

"Tomorrow at eight. Well that's just when it starts, I have to get up a little earlier." He scratched the side of his face.

He must have caught on to my confusion. "When the sun is just coming up!" He laughed out loud.

"Well I don't know!" I laughed.