Chapter Twenty Seven ~Please Don't Hurt Me!~

I felt myself return to reality, trying to move my arm so I could brush an annoying strain of hair out of my face until I realized I couldn't move my arm. I was being held back. My eyes shot open and I was in a different room, I don't remember even falling asleep. My eyes scanned around the room quickly to try to make sense of what was happening.

"Ah! Damn! She's awake!" A voice groaned in frustration.

"Calm down, we actually want her awake so we can see a better reaction." A woman calmed the other, preparing her tools.

"But are we even ready?"

"Oh we're ready." The woman spun around. She got a helmet and strapped it onto my head. I tried to pull away, I felt her hand clamp down onto my neck to hold me still. She hooked it up and tightened the little strap under my chin. Like that wasn't tight enough, I was pretty sure it was gonna leave a mark. Wires hang from it, going down my sides and onto the floor to some giant, silver, box.

"Now I need you to hold still, do not struggle too much. The quicker we do this the quicker we can get this over with. Do you understand?" She finished and looked back to me, waiting for a reply.

My mind was everywhere at once, what was she even planning on doing? Why am I here? "Y-yes? But what are you doing?"

She didn't answer me, she just spun around and headed for a big leaver. She clutched it in her left hand, giving me no emotion. "Oh, Richard, can you put the cloth over her eyes." She ordered. A man approached me, I struggled while it was being placed over my brown eyes. I couldn't see anything, nothing but darkness. I could pick up a weird smell coming off of the white rag. I heard foot steps get softer, meaning they were getting farther away from me. I had to rely on all my other senses since I was now blind.

"Let's get this over with." She sighed. Hearings a big click, not a second later I felt pain shoot through me.

My eyes squeezed shut; my hands turned into fists, and I bared my teeth. Shocking pain took over my whole body, it was unbearable.

I screamed loudly, then it was lights out.

*******************

"Fawn, Fawn, Fawn." Someone shook me. "Are you okay?"

My eyes opened to see Pax at her knees next to me with the others circled around me.
"Wh-what happened?"

"You just finished a test, you lost consciousness so they had to stop." Pax rubbed my back, helping me sit up.

"What type of test was that?" I rubbed my head.

"Electroshock testing. They wanted to see how you would react to it. That's probably one of the worst tests you will ever go through." Bailey stuck his hands into his pockets.

"Shouldn't that have killed me?"

"The voltage they used, no. They didn't use enough to kill you, but there was a risk for you to getting some type of brain damage. But you seem fine. So I guess your okay. You still know who I am right?" She smiled.

I gave a half smile. "Yeah, Pax. I remember."

Jade held her hand out to me, I grabbed onto it. She pulled me up to my feet, almost loosing my footing I was able to regain it.

"I'm glad your okay." Jade hugged me.
I wrapped my arms around her, seeming like I was almost still stuck in my daze.

"You sure your fine?" Wyatt held his arms out a little like he was ready to catch me if I were to fall.

"Yeah yeah, I'm fine." I waved him off. Jade led me to a tree in the back of the room.

"You should get some rest, that's probably all you need now." Jade said in her normal shy tone. Getting a running start, she ran up the tree, pulling herself up.

I followed, getting myself up onto a branch.
"I don't know how it is to you but, I always found it a little more relaxing to sleep in a tree rather than the ground." Jade commented, tapping the tree with her fingernails.
Wyatt jumped up onto the tree too, taking a seat on the other branch but still close enough to be involved with conversation.

I hummed, smiling to myself, trying to recall how I would normally sleep. But I couldn't. My smile slowly fell, how did I normally sleep again? Here I slept on the ground but why can't I think of any other night?

"Good night, Fawn." Jade pulled herself up onto another branch, curling up onto it, making herself comfortable.

I quickly looked up to her, snapping me out of my train of thought. I gave her a smile. "Night, Jade."

Wyatt pulled himself up onto the branch above me, he laid down onto it, looking at me. The lights seemed to get a little darker than normal. Guess that means bed time. Pax, and Bailey had already gotten into a different tree and Vivian had went to sleep in her pond.

"So, how are you?" Wyatt started.

I rolled onto my back so I could look up at him in a more comfortable position. "Okay I guess, other than being electro-.. Uhh, whatever the word is. You get the point."

"The word your looking for is electroshock but the proper word to use is electrocuted." He corrected.

"Oh whatever then. I'm not a smarty like you and the others." I giggled.

He smiled. "Yeah but your vocabulary is decent. For living out in the woods and all and not finishing your education, your doing pretty good."

"Yeah, I was able to learn some words when..." I trailed off, then looked back down. My eyebrows furrowed together.

"Whhheeeeeennnn you were with Eli?" He finished for me.

"Who?"