Chapter Thirty-One ~I'm Not Leaving You~

"That's everyone? Okay, you go Fawn." The big man looked to me from the window, he offered me a hand. I stepped up onto the box that was placed in front of the wall, helping me up. I put my hands out through the window first, my head following. I tried to push myself up since right when you get through the window, the ground is right there. So you don't have to worry about falling, the ground was level with the window.

I felt him grab my leg to give me a boost out the window. He let go and I rolled over on the ground. My arms laid out, I stared up to the dark sky. I looked up to see Pax and Vivian standing above me. I jumped up, I smiled towards them. "We're free."

"I-I have never been... free, before.." Vivian fiddled with her fingers. "I only knew this building." She looked up to the five story building in front of us.

Pax put a hand on Vivian's back. "That's all of us, Vivian."

"But where will we even go?" The half fish hybrid looked back and forth from Pax and me. I looked down to think about her question. I don't even know the answer to that. What happens now? Were do we go, that is safe from humans?

"We will set you free, details we will figure out when we get back to the house."  The buff man walked past us. "Let's get going before they send people out here too." He started walking to an area where a bunch of cars sat. The others all followed, I kinda lingered behind. But wait, where was Eli? Isn't he coming? My ears started to twitch and move. "Ugh." I yanked the hat off, feeling the cool air blow through my ears. Then they twitched again, moving certain ways. I was picking something up, apparently something the others wasn't getting. My head shot in the direction of the window we all crawled out of.

"Eli?" I mumbled, walking towards the opened window. I got to my knees to peer into the small room. Eli was getting choked from behind by the man from the other room. "Eli!" I yelled, sliding through into the room. I jumped onto the guy's back, trying to go for the neck like he was doing with Eli. I was trying to get him to let go. I clawed at his balded head, leaving some scratches behind.

"Ugh! Get off you brat!" He suddenly backed up, slamming me into the wall behind him. I yelped, falling to the floor. He resumed fighting Eli, I started to attempt pulling myself back up. The pain was hard to ignore. But I fought, I took a breath in, then charged back at him. I kicked him into the shin, he released Eli and fell down. When he went down, I kneed him in the face. He fell backwards.

"Wow, remind me not to get on your bad side." Eli coughed, getting back up then ran towards me. "Are you okay? Did he hurt you too much?"

"I will be fine." I nodded. Eli fell to the ground, the man took out his legs, he jumped up, kicking Eli then grabbed the neck of my hoodie. I grabbed his hands, trying to pull away. He gave Eli one more good kick in the face, then he raised a fist to me. I felt the force hit my face, knocking me off my feet. It felt like he knocked my teeth out of line, or pushed my eye farther back into my head. I grabbed my left eye, rolling over to my side. A shadow fell over me.

I looked up, the guy kicked me in the gut. I wrapped my arms around my middle, grunting with each hit, whining at the pain. He didn't hold anything back, he moved from my stomach to my face. He kicked me one time hard there, I rolled back over to the other side. "Please, stop." I tried to stand to avoid getting kicked again, but the feeling was a little too much to bare. He grabbed me by the neck and slammed me back down onto the hard floor.

"F-Fawn!" Eli tried to push himself up to his feet but his arms wobbled and he fell back down. I felt blood trickle out the corner of my mouth. He stood over me, grabbing a needle off of the near by shelf. I gasped, clamping my eyes shut. Waiting for the pain.

BANG!

I hesitated to open my eyes but I did, He was still standing over me but with no emotion. Blood was splattered over me. He began to lean, when he did, there was a clear hole through his forehead.