Chapter Twelve ~Did I Hurt Him?~

"This is amazing!" I exclaimed, placing my fork, as Eli calls it, down.

He nodded. "Uh huh.. Mac and Cheese is always awesome."

My eating speed went faster, the sweet flavored tingled my taste buds. I wish I had this stuff sooner! "And you said you don't like school?" I scooped up the food on my fork and placed it into my mouth.

"Well, I never cared for it. I just have to go." He leaned back into his chair, crossing his arms.

"Why do you have to go? Whose making you?"

"No one's exactly making me, High school is like the time when some people drop out.  I'm staying so maybe I can get a better life, than I do now.." He had a look full of sadness. It was almost the same as the pain he was feeling when I saw him in the woods. I gave him a look full of concern, placing my food down.

"I-is it because of me? Am I the one causing you trouble or that's not making your life as good?"

"No, its not you. Quit trying to twist my words around." He smiled at me, then it fell. "I'm just," He sighed. "Going through some things right now." He looked down.

I leaned forward a little, having my hands in my lap. "What type of things, if I'm not getting out of place for asking."

His eyes went from the floor to me a few times, hesitating to answer. He sat up, clearing his throat. He nudged my sandwich towards me. "You better eat, lunch is about to end."
I sat still for a second, then just did as he said.

I was walked back to Mrs. Mathews room, which wasn't far from the cafeteria. Literally just across the hall from it. He opened the door for me, I walked in.

"I'll see you for art." Was all he said before he shut the door. Did I say something wrong? Did I cause him more pain? I got back to my seat and sat down. I felt concern and worry annoy my mind, and still lingered there. I hope he doesn't hate me now? What if he does?! What if I really-

"Ahem."

My head shot up to see Mrs. Mathews staring at me, some of the other class mates looking back at me as well. "Are you okay? Class had already started." I haven't even heard the bell go off.

"Yes, I'm okay." I mumbled, nodding slightly.

"Okay." She smiled, returning to the lesson. "Now as I was saying! We are learning about the solar system! There are exactly four inner planets and four outer planets. The inner planets are the ones closest to the sun, the ones with a hard surface. There's Mercury, Venus, Earth, and Mars, all in that exact order." My mind had wondered back to what I was thinking of originally. I inhaled, trying to relax myself. I'm probably just over thinking it. Everything is probably fine, I hope.

"And there are the outer planets, also known as the gas giants! There Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune."

A student raised his hand. "What about Pluto?"

"Well, we can try to go over Pluto later but as of right now, It's not considered as a planet. That's the only reason why I didn't mention it." She informed him. "Okay, now moving onto our reading packet to read more about our LOVELY planets!" She went to her desk. This is going to be a long day... The whole period was spent on reading about planets and my mind thinking about Eli, worrying about him. I was now waiting for him to come get me. When I saw him walk into the door frame, I about rushed towards him.

"Wow, why the rush?"

"I was worried." I looked up at him.

"Worried? Why?"

"You seemed upset earlier."

"Pttf, don't worry about it." He shook his head, leading the way to art. "So how was class?" He changed the subject.

"It was okay, we were learning about the solar system." I held my hands together tightly.

"That's cool, I remember when I was learning about it. I honestly thought it was pretty interesting." He commented. Walking into a room, I followed him. It had some type of weird smell, and also had a few large tables for everyone to sit at. I couldn't help but still wonder, could Eli be still hurt since he changed the subject so quickly?