Chapter Twenty-Four ~There's No Escape~

Third Person P.O.V.
The wind blew peacefully through the trees, the grass. Eli laid on his stomach on the leaves, his head rested on the ground, his black hair moved gently in the wind. He groaned quietly, his fingers on his right hand twitching. Running them through the leaved and grass while he tried to prompt himself back up. His eye lids were heavy. Trying to stand, his body protested. He let out a small yawn, brushing the black strains out of his eyes. He glanced around his surroundings, seeing nature. His mind started to work, remembering all that had happened. "Fawn..?" He looked around and waited a second for a reply.

"Fawn?" He forced his eyes to stay open, darting around to spot the hybrid girl. Only not to find her, he could feel his heart rate pick up.

"Fawn!" He jumped up, getting into a stance. He remained alert, hoping and praying to hear her voice yell she was there. But he didn't get anything, he dashed for the car upon remembering that the government had taken her away. He wasn't gonna let her go so easily. He needed help, he needed someone who can help him get her back. To save her. He started his car and drove off, speeding down the road to get back home. He hoped that there would be no cops on his way since he would surely get into trouble if he was caught by one. He rubbed his temples, trying to get his mind to work, to recall all that they had said to him. So maybe it would help him find her.

'We are confiscating her to return back to the Science Facility of Massachusetts.' These words echoed around into his head.

"The Science Facility.." He mumbled under his breath aloud as he recalled these words. His eyes widened in realization. He came upon a stop light, putting the car to a stop, he quickly yanked out paper and finding something to write with from his bag in the back seat. He wrote these words onto the paper so he wouldn't forget, it could also mean life or death for Fawn. He had no idea what they would do to her or even if they would harm her. The cars behind him blared their horns at him. He shot his head up to see the light had turned green, tossing the stuff into the back seat he launched back when he hit the gas pedal a little too fast. He waved at the cars behind him for an apology.

One driving by gave him a demoting hand gesture, cutting in front of him.
Eli rolled his eyes, he wasn't going to fight with them. He wasn't that type of person, either way, he didn't have the time. He had to make it home and get help, it would take him at least an hour until he would arrive. So off and on he started to text Alice to explain the situation and to meet him outside of school if she could. Eli glanced down at the digital clock on the dash board to see that school should be getting ready to end soon so by the time he would get back she should be out.

Fawn's P.O.V.

"It was really nice to meet you all," My face contained nothing but worry. "But I just can't stay here." I marched to the door.

"What are you planning on doing?" Wyatt called out, stopping me before I got to the door.
"This place is on high security and they have a watch on all of us. You leaving last time made them up the place. We can't leave."

"I've never truly spread my wings before, to actually fly." Pax commented sadly.

"I've never got to swim in the ocean before, in actual waters. Only this little pool." Vivian added, rubbing her arm.

"H-how did you know about that?" I asked, staring at Wyatt.

He exchanged glances with the others. "We heard the workers talk about you. Saying something about a hybrid being here once but escaped. They didn't want it to happen again so they made this room. Making it Forrest-like and putting stronger locks on the door. More employees working here."

"But I had finally found my Mother after so many years, made friends, I was just starting out a new life when I had already lost one." I backed up to the wall.

They did nothing, knowing they probably had nothing to say that was suppose to make anything better. I slid down the wall, hiding my face in my hands. After a few seconds I felt something brush up against my left arm. Peeking out from my hands, Jade shyly took a seat next to me. She gently grabbed my hand and laid her head onto my shoulder as to give me some type of comfort. I leaned into her a little, barely laying my head on hers. The others sadly turned away, Vivian getting back into her little in ground pool, Wyatt and Pax jumping up into the trees and Bailey going over to his own corner on another side of the room. Eli loved me, right? So he would come looking for me. He has to be on his way now..... I hope.