Chapter Nine ~I'm Scared~

Walking into the huge building, people instantly began to bump into me and shove me aside.
"Stay close, Fawn." Eli called back to me.
"Don't have to tell me twice." I mumbled, grabbing onto his jacket. I've never been around so many humans before, it kinda scared me. Knowing I now have something to hide, I was scared people will see. Am I really safe? I feel safe when I'm with Eli, I know he will keep me safe. He proved it the night I lost my Father. I held on tighter to him, afraid to loose him. Laughing, snapped me from my thoughts.

"Did someone finally get a girlfriend?" A boy with blonde, short hair came up. He wore a grey T-shirt, blue jeans, and had blue eyes. "Hey, how much did he pay you?" The boy nudged me with an elbow, making me hide my face in Eli's shoulder.

"Pick her up on the street did you, Eli?" Another boy snickered, but of course I couldn't see him.

Eli spun around with me behind him, still clamped onto his arm. "No I didn't. She's.. my cousin."

"So we gotta newbie here?" The blonde boy leaned towards me more. I hid my face again. Eli stepped up, keeping me behind him. "Back off, Carter."

"Look look! Look at her." Carter started laughing, pointing at me. I could feel my ears lay against my head from beneath the hat. But the hat was too baggy to see any of my ears movements.
"She is ridiculously shy, might need a crow bar to get her off."

"This is the closest he will ever get to a girl." Another boy stated. I peeked up, seeing two other boys with Carter. One had black hair and the other had brown.

"It's not a crime to be shy, it's her first day. Lay off." Eli growled, grabbing my arm and leading me with him. Snickers could be heard from behind us, I didn't dare look back. We went straight to another room, a bunch of people were in there. Eli lead me to a huge table in the back of the room, he hooked his bag on the back of the chair. "Sit." He pointed to a seat next to him. I wasn't fast to take a seat, but I did anyways. He sat next to me, taking my bag.

"Okay, first off you will always need a pencil for every class." He digged through my bag until he found one. "This is a pencil, otherwise known as a mechanical  pencil. It is called this because it's not just wood like your regular pencil." He held up the two types of pencils, explaining each. He went through everything in my bag, told me how to use it. He told me he had to teach me these simple things so it didn't look too much like I wasn't schooled. I let him run through it all when I already knew what all this stuff was. He did tell me which book was for Science, Math, English and all. So he wasn't telling me everything I already knew. He tried to help teach me how to read. Telling me what sounds all the letters made and how I sound it out to read out one word.

He taught me all the basics, unfortunately we didn't have enough time. A loud sound erupted, making me jumped but luckily not how I normally would, I would have been on the ceiling by now if I did.

"It's just the bell, it's signaling us to go to the next class." He stood up, throwing his bag onto his back. I quickly grabbed all of my stuff and followed Eli out the room. Hey! Maybe I can walk around the school normally without-

There was a stampede of people, I clung back onto Eli's arm. Okay maybe I can't. Eli chuckled. "Okay, gotta go take you to English."

"Can't I just be in your class? You have English at this time too." I asked.

"Afraid not, I'm in Advanced English. That means it's way harder than your class. You need to start easy."

"Oh, is this the lovely lady you've been telling me about, Eli?" A tall man with brown hair and brown eyes came up to us. He instantly intimidated me, mostly because of his size.

"It is." Eli confirmed.

"Hello, I'm Mr. Preggo. I'm the principal." He held his hand out towards me to shake. I glanced at Eli, he moved out the way, making me get out from behind him. If Eli isn't pushing me away from this man, I would have to say it's Eli telling me he's safe. I will have to trust him. I gingerly stepped up to the tall man and took his hand, barely grabbing on he gave a firm and stiff shake. He smiled down at me, I gave a sheepish smile back, letting go I stepped back, looking down.

"Okay it was nice to meet you, Ms... Fawn isn't it?"
I nodded.

"I won't hold you two up any longer. Have a good day you two."

"Thank you, sir. You too." Eli began to head into a direction, I went to grab for his jacket but he caught my hand. He held onto my soft hand and began to walk normally. We reached a big class room, bigger than the last.

"Brandon, move your stuff." A woman told a student, then saw us. A smile tugged at the corners of her mouth. "Hello." She greeted very warmly. "Eli I already met you," she laughed, pushing him aside and looking at me. "I want to meet this lovely lady. Hi, I'm Mrs. Mathews." She held her hand out. I took hold of it, her hands were so warm and she was gentle. I don't know, but something of her seemed familiar. What was it? I couldn't have known her, I was never around humans except for when I was at the lab. But if she was someone who worked there, they would have been still working there. The place wasn't open to the public. Maybe she could have been a camper that use to camp in the woods?