Chapter Fourteen ~Teaching How to Human~

-BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP-

A loud sound ringed out, making me fall out of bed with a yelp. I heard groan like rumble. A hand was thrown over, slapping a black box on the night stand. A figure sat up in bed, rubbing his eyes. He looked down to me, which I was rubbing my head for coming into contact with the hard ground.

"Fawn, are you okay?" He asked, throwing his legs over the side of the bed. I had forgotten that I had fallen asleep with Eli last night. He offered a hand to me, I grabbed hold as he pulled me up to my feet.

"Come on, lets go fix breakfast." He said groggily, walking out of the room like a zombie. I followed behind him, he opened a cabinet, pulling out a box and two bowls.

He placed both the bowls down, pouring the contents of the box into them. Putting it back, he grabbed a thing of milk and filled it up.

"Soo.. This is all 'normal' people do everyday? Go to school, come home, sleep?" I took a seat at the 'island.'

Eli let out a yawn. "Wake up, go to school or work, come home, eat, sleep, repeat." He set everything away.

"That just sounds annoying and tiring." I commented, Eli giving me a spoon to eat with.

"It is, I would say having your life is a little easier." He took a seat across from me.

"Excuse me?" I looked up.

"What? I just think that being a deer is easier than being a human." He shrugged, waking up a little more now.

I chuckled, placing my spoon back down. "Oh! So you think my life was easier, huh?"

Eli grinned. "Maybe I did, what are you gonna do about it?" He leaned over the table.

I leaned over the table like him. "Maybe I'll prove you wrong."

"Can you?" He lifted an eyebrow.

"I can." I cracked a small smile.

He hit the table, causing me to jump back to my original sitting position. "Cool!" He jumped up. "Today, I'll show you more on what my life is about and you'll show me yours." He challenged, resting his elbows on the table.

"Deal." I nodded.

"Deal." He held out his hand. I didn't understand what he wanted. Until he decided to try to explain it to me. "Shake it, this is how you seal the deal."

Umm...? Okay? That's a strange way to do things, but hey, i'm not the one to judge. I grabbed one of his fingers and shook his hand.

He smiled. "Good enough."

____________________________________________

The whole day was worse than the last. I had gym... I didn't do bad at all for the running bit of it. I love to run! It was everything else that made that day horrible. We decided to play dodge ball. It's really horrifying when you think it'll be fun and someone throws a ball and it slams onto the wall behind you, barely missing you with the loud sound echoing off the walls of the huge room. When your natural instinct is to FREAKING RUN! Yeah... I was running all over that room that day, avoiding all the balls that were thrown. Seeing some people getting smacked in the face and one walking away with a bloody nose. I was soon after the last one standing up there, not because I was good, because I was fearing for my life! How is this considered fun?!

All of my team mates sitting out was yelling for me to go protect the pins so none of the other teams players could get back in and others were yelling for me to throw a ball and get some out or hit their pins. I was in the back, quivering with fear when I saw them all hold up the brightly colored balls. Ready to throw.

I had one ball in my hands I was gripping tightly. No one could help me now, Eli was not in this gym class, I was alone. A few tossed the balls up and down into their hands, keeping their eyes locked onto me. The screaming of my team mates took over my mind, but which one do I do? Go protect the pins or throw the ball? Either way, I don't think I could do it anyways since I was about freaking out.

They let them fly, I dropped to the floor, curling into myself. Acting like an armadillo with a predator. I heard the loud sounds of something hard smacking into the walls all around me,  it hit everywhere but me. Thank goodness! I looked up from my curled up state, seeing the other team right at the line, waiting for some of the balls to roll over to their side. They were out!
I jumped up, maybe this is my chance to- I tripped.

I fell over, accidentally throwing my ball over to the other team. Oh no.. They probably have my ball now..

I heard the sound of a pin being knocked over and my team cheering, people running over to me. I curled back up, feeling something grab my arms. They lift me up, I see my team.

"That was a lucky shot! Good job." A boy congratulated me.

"What? What happened?" I asked, glancing around and seeing my team fighting back.

"When you tripped you lost the ball and that guy over there," He pointed to a guy with brown hair, brown eyes, jeans and a green jacket. "Barely got a hold of your ball and it fell into the pin." He explained. "Nice job." He patted my back, leaving.

Really? I actually did it? I felt happiness over take me. Maybe I won't get hit after al-

BAM!

I fell to the ground, feeling a stinging pain take over a side of my face. The sound of 'ooo's' were present. I felt a hand on my shoulder, and they helped me up.

"Let's get you to the clinic." The gym teacher told me, helping me up.

I felt dizzy when I got to my feet. She lead me down to another small room, pretty close to the gym. I can understand that. Location location location.

"Can I call your parents or someone, Hun?" The nurse asked sweetly.

I shook my head. "I'm fine, I'm fine." My eye lids were kinda droopy. I tried to stand up but only for her to gently push me back down.

"Dear, your nose is bleeding and it seems that your getting a slight bruising on your right cheek."

Does she know? Since she called me deer? I also felt a head ache coming on. I felt tears sting my eyes, I was sorta hurting and afraid. "Eli." I Told her. "Can you call Eli?"

"Whose Eli?" The nurse looked to the gym teacher for an answer.

"He's a student."

The nurse leaned back down. "No dear, we have to let your parent or guardian know what happened."

"I-I don't have any parents or guardian," Whatever that is. "I only have Eli." I wiped at my eyes.

The nurse just awkwardly stood there until she looked to the gym teacher for guidance.

"I'll look him up." The gym teacher left to take a seat at a table and get onto one of those "mini TVs."