Chapter Twenty- Two ~Eli! Don't leave me!~

I yelped, feeling my ankle twist a little and being thrown into the air.

"We got her, go go go!!" A male voice yelled.
I was in a big net, I grabbed onto the sides of it, my fingers gripping onto it.
"Eli!" I screamed.

"Fawn!" He charged for me but some men in black suits pushed him back. Eli struggled and fought them, pushing and shoving to get to me. My eyes darted around to try to count all of them. Five all together, couldn't make out their faces or any distinguishing features with their faces being covered.

Three of the men marched up to me, trying to undo the rope from the branches to get the net down while two of the others held Eli back.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Eli struggled and thrashed about.

"We are confiscating her to return back to the science facility of Massachusetts. We have been on the search for her for eleven years."

"Confiscate? She's a person!" Eli remarked angrily.

"She's an experiment! Not even suppose to be out here! She got away when our security was low. We have not finished our tests with her since her Mother begged us to not do anything rash and her Father wouldn't let us near her. Her Father out the way and her Mother which we don't have a clue where she's at, this will be easy." He tried to walk towards me, but Eli grabbing his shoulder and spinning him back around.

"WHAT tests?"

The man didn't respond for a minute, possibly pondering what to say. Then he spoke. "I'll spare you the details so you can get some sleep tonight, son." He left.

They unhooked the rope and dragged me away. "Eli! Don't leave me!" I cried, reaching my arm through the rope towards him.

He was in shock, then he ran at us. But he was tackled to the ground, his face being shoved into the grass.

The man that was talking to him a second ago stepped up, pulling something from behind him. "This kid isn't gonna let us go easily," he started.

Eli was panting heavily, glaring daggers at him. The man on top of him held his head down.

"So let's make this easy." The man held a gun, clicking it.

"Noooo!" I screamed, tears already trickling down my face. Eli clamped his eyes shut, I did too, waiting to hear the bang. But it was a soft sound, I cracked an eye open to see a dart poking out of Eli's neck. I could see his muscles relax and he went limp.

"What did you do to him?! Is he dead?!" I panicked.

The men placed the gun back into his jacket. "No, he'll be fine. I'll tell ya, you seem pretty close to this boy." He grabbed the net, dragging it along. He nodded to his men who picked me up in the net so I wouldn't be dragged on the ground. They walked a little ways until they reached a white van with no back windows. Throwing me in the back, I kept trying to get a look past the guys and hope that I would see Eli running down behind them. But I didn't, I couldn't see him at all. The sliding door was pulled shut with a loud bam.

"Sir, do you think we should keep her awake like this? In my opinion it'll be easier if she wasn't." A man next to me called to the man sitting up front. He turned back to look at who asked him a question. He took the mask off, he was tan, shaved head, and a forming beard. His eyes scanned over me.

He nodded. "Go for it, she shouldn't see where were going anyways."
He turned to face upfront.

The guy next to me reached for the same gun and held it at me, aiming for my neck. I looked up to him with fearful eyes, ears laying flat and hands to my chest. I tried my best to back away but it only caused myself to become even more tangled up in the net. I bumped into the back of the van. He pulled the trigger, I felt it puncture my neck. I clamped my hand over it, I could feel something running through my veins. It stung. My hand that was over top it fell to the floor. It was weak, it almost felt like my whole body was asleep, that weird tingly feeling you'll get. All around me was spinning and blurry. I felt my head slowly relax against the uncomfortable wall, I wanted to move my head to a better position but I felt like I didn't have any control over my own body. My body was slowly shutting down. Eyes growing heavy, they fell shut. Everything faded into darkness.