Chapter Fifteen ~Now Its My Turn~

"Fawn, what happened?" Eli ran in, dropping to his knee and making me look at him.

"She got hit by a ball, she'll be fine." The nurse sat a hand on my shoulder.
"I would have gave her a little medicine but I need permission to do that and.... She said she doesn't have anyone back at the house for me to talk to."

"What type of medicine?" Eli looked up to her, keeping his hand on my arm.

"hydrogen peroxide, it's to help incase of infections."

Eli just stared at her for a moment, like he didn't know what to say. "I-I wouldn't think you would need to ask for permission to use that." He slowly shook his head.

"Well you never know, last time I got in trouble for it with a parent."

"Yeah yeah, your fine. Let's give her that." He suggested, while she left to get the medicine.

"Medicine?"

He turned his head to me. "Yeah, it's going to help your cut. Then we're going home."

"Home? But school isn't over yet."

"It's just one class left, no big deal. You got hurt and I'm your only ride back. That's our excuse." He stood up.

The nurse walked back up to me, pulling my attention away from him.
"This may sting a little." She dabbed a little cream onto my lip. I flinched at the stinging pain that erupted onto my lip. My ears twitched at the feeling.

"Alright, your all good to go." She screwed the cap back on.

"Thanks, Mrs. Webster." Eli nodded to her, helping me up.

"No problem." She smiled, walking back to her desk.

"Come on, let's get you home."
Eli got me into his car and drove me back to his house, walking through the door, I turned to him.

"Okay, you really showed me what's it like to be a normal teen going to school. Now it's my turn," I grinned smugly, pulling off my hat to expose my pointy ears. "Let me teach you how to deer." I sat my hands on my hips.

I spun on my heel and headed for the bathroom. "But first! I'm getting more comfortable. I have no need to hide what I am." I took out a wet wipe, wiping the make up off my face to show off my white spots.

I ran back out and grabbed onto Eli's hand. "Let's go!" I jumped in excitement.

"Don't make me fall over!" Eli exclaimed, laughing.

I dragged him all the ways back to the Forrest. He tucked his hands into his pockets. I skipped happily, jumping up onto a log.

"Okay, first off, always be afraid! Definitely if it's new. If it's new and you haven't seen it before, it's dangerous." I held my finger up to count.

"Sounds like the movie The Croods." Eli commented.

"Second! Always be alert! Listen around, and keep your senses up. If you smell something weird or hear a twig snap, it's dangerous!" I held up two fingers.

"So is everything just dangerous to you?" He smiled, then I could see his gears turning. His smile dropped. "That's why you were scared of me. I was new."

"Well yeah, and my Dad didn't like humans very much." I walked down the log, holding my arms out to balance myself.

"But your also human." He pushed a branch out of the way.

"Huh! Do you not see these?" I pointed to my ears then tail. "I'm not fully human."

"But your part."

I stopped. "Well yeah," I looked over my shoulder at him. "But I'm different." I jumped down.

"And he still accepted you, knowing you were part of what he didn't like."

"I was raised by him and sorta around other deer so I see everything in their point of view and I'm more like them, now can we please stop talking about this cause I don't need to be reminded of my father." I snapped, continuing on.

"S-sorry, I didn't mean that."

"Your fine, now continuing with the lesson. What berry is safe to eat?" I stood next to a few berry bushes.

He gave me a strange look, then reached for one. He picked one and observed it.

I spoke before he set it in his mouth. "Nope!"

He looked to me.

"Poisonous, Try again."

He dropped the berry onto the ground and grabbed another.

"Nope." I told him when he was about to move it to his mouth. He was gaining a bit of an annoyed expression, he dropped it then moved on to the next.

Literally a few inches away from his mouth, I called him out again.
"I wouldn't!"

He threw it down. "Then what is good then?!"

I smiled, shaking my head. "Most of the time white or yellow berries can be poisonous. Black or blue berries are most likely edible." I pointed to some of them.

SNAP

my ears went up, moving to locate where the sound was coming from.

"What is it?" He asked, concerned by my reaction.

"Run." I told him, running away.

"Wait what? Fawn! Wait up!" He tried to run but tripped over a few branches while I zoomed trough the Forrest and passed all the other trees. Eli kept jumping back up, he was trying to keep up with me. But being half deer, I can outrun him. When we got to a good distance, I heard a grunt and weird sound. I halted in my tracks, looking behind me to see if he was okay but only for me to see him face planted into mud.

I covered my mouth to muffle my laughter. He pulled his face out of the mud pit, wiping some off of his eyes and mouth. He looked up at me.

"Oh you think this is funny, do ya?"

"Maybe a little." I tried to calm myself, so my laughter doesn't get out of hand.

He sat up to his knees, digging his fingers into the mud. He picked up a handful and it.

"Eli, don't you do it-" A yelp escaped me when I got hit square in the face, falling back into my butt. I wipe at my face, flicking the mud off my hands. "Oh so that's how it's gonna be.." I grinned evilly at him.

"Apparently so." He stood up, grabbing more. I jumped up, grabbing a handful and smearing it all onto his face.

"Ugh!" He wiped it off, then looked at me. "Come here you!" He chased me. I squealed, trying to run away. He threw mud at me and I threw it back. Instead of me teaching him how to live a normal life of a deer, we had a mud fight instead. Honestly, way more fun.