Chapter Seven ~Getting Ready~

"Come on, get up, Fawn. It's time to get ready." Eli tried to call me from my sleep. I groaned, rolling over and throwing the blankets over my head.

"If you wanna go to school with me, you have to get up now so we can get ready. We have some work to do." Eli stood by the bed side, tilting his head to me.

I wanted to go, but sleep was restricting me from getting up. "Why do we have to get up so early?" I moaned, rubbing my face.

"Because I'm going to need you to take a shower." He helped me out of bed and led me down the hall. "And we need to make you look as normal as possible." He turned the water on, making it run from the top.

"Normal? Is there something wrong with me?" I looked up with a little concern. I always thought I was fine, normal. Well, I've only been around my Father most of the time. I could always keep up with him and have about the same abilities as him, so I didn't really feel out of place. Until the other deers would avoid me and all but I didn't spend a lot of time with them so there wasn't really much of a problem.

"Huh? Oh! No! No no, nothing is wrong with you. I just mean to make you look more like us. Cause if you just go like that then no one will leave you alone and the government might take you away or something. You would be all over the web." Eli explained, checking the water.
"It's too early for me." He rubbed his temples.

"Well if people wouldn't leave me alone, isn't that how I make friends? And why would I be all over the web? Is there some type of giant spider web around here?" I glanced around the room almost fearfully.

Eli started laughing. "Okay, first off it's not the type of attention you need. It's the bad type. And two," He held up two fingers. "There's no giant spider web, you're safe." He lightly chuckled, his laugh dialing down.

"Okay I really hope you know how to take a shower. But if not, well, feel the water first. Make sure it feels good." He moved aside to let me come up. I placed my hand under the running water, quickly yanking it away once it made contact.

"Too hot?" He looked to me, I nodded. He reached past me to turn the knob thingy. "Now try."

I reached back, it felt so much better. How does he do that?! I nodded, smiling.

"Okay, just clean yourself here. You want to rise yourself down first, then you put the shampoo in your hair. This." He picked up a bottle. "Shampoo." He read the bottle out loud to me, showing me where it was written. I nodded to him to show that I understood. "Okay, when you scrub that in really good, you rinse it out. Then go for the conditioner." He picked up a different bottle. "You let it set and wash yourself with this soap, put it on this." He picked up a different bottle and a fluffy, spongy looking thing. Oh gosh that's a lot!

"You understand?"

"Yeah, yeah! I got it." I nodded.

"Okay, I will give you privacy." He walked out the door, shutting it behind him. I stared back at the running shower, I tried to pull my hoodie off and over my head.

________________________________________________________

I watched some dirt go down the drain, I hopped out, shaking my head to dry off. I looked down to see a towel. I wrapped it around my skinny frame. The clothes Eli got me laid on the bathroom counter. I slid them on, they fit perfectly. He also got me a new hoodie, except this one was black with red. In the bag, there was also a shirt called.. A blouse? I slid it over my head. I threw the hoodie over it as well, but the thing about this one is its a lot longer than mine. It covered my tail perfectly. I skipped out the door, running into Eli.

"Oh! You're out. Here, lets go dry your hair." He led me back to the bathroom. Then looked around the room. "Why is everything wet?"

"I dried off.." I said a little timidly, wondering if I was in trouble.

There was a long pause. "Did... You shake or something?"

"Y-yes.." I bowed my head.

"Fawn, you're not in trouble. You just didn't know any better. The towel I left for you in here, dry off with that. No more shaking. I don't even know how you managed to do that without falling over." He dried off the mirror. He pulled out a white...... I don't even know what it is..

"What's that?" I pointed to it, almost backing away.

"It's a hair drier. It's going to blow out air and it'll help dry your hair faster. So maybe we will be ready on time." He flipped a switch, it came to life. I about hopped back from the loud sound, but I trusted him so I allowed him to 'dry my hair.' It was hot air being blown on my head, but manageable. It was taking forever and my feet were beginning to hurt from standing for so long. He took a spiky thing to my hair, it pulled on my hair, hurting me.

"Ow, what is that?"

"Hair brush, I'm sorry if this is hurting you but your hair just has so many knots and they have to be brushed out."

Is this really what people do everyday..?