Chapter Twenty- Five ~Getting Help~

Third Person P.O.V.

Alice waited impatiently outside of the school, bouncing a little up and down in anticipation. Her one strapped bag wrapped around her and hung by the side of her waist. She glanced around in hopes to soon spot Eli, he had told her he was getting close and to wait for him outside. She wanted to hear all the details of what had happened, she was worried about Fawn. All she knew was she was in really bad trouble.

She was the only person outside of school, not a soul to be seen. She then heard the click clacking of heels, then a curious voice. "Ma'am? What are you doing?"

She turned to see Mrs. Mathews, with her bags in hand. By the looks of it, she was getting ready to head home. "I'm waiting for a friend." Alice told  her without hesitation.

"Who?"

"Eli Nielsen."

"Oh, school has been out for twenty minuets, is everything okay?" She came up to Alice, switching her cup to her other hand.

Alice sighed. "Not really, my friend Fawn is in trouble."

"Fawn? Brown hair, always wears a hat?" She asked quickly, gaining some concern.

"Yeah, you know her?" Alice turned to face her more.

"Know her, I'm her Mother. Where is she?!" She quickly looked around.

Alice's dark eyes widened. "Wha- what? You're her Mother?" She took a few steps back then came back up to her. "A-and I don't know, Eli just called and said something happened and for me to meet him out here so we can try to go help her. He said he is pretty close." These words ran out of Alice's mouth as quickly as possible.

"I'm helping! I'll call my husband!" She yanked out her phone and started to dial away.

"Husband?" Alice questioned. "Then what about.." She gestured to her head. The Mother looked at her then shock came over her.

"You know about those?"

"Yeah!" Alice nodded quickly.

"Well I have been married to my husband, Lucas, for a few years now, actually before I even had Fawn. He works in a Science Facility as a janitor. They said they needed a female who would be good for the test and they talked to him about it. Of course he asked me before he even gave them an answer. I had already had my first born by this time and they  guaranteed that nothing would happen to me. They just wanted to see if it was even possible. Right when I realized that my new student was my missing baby.... I told everything to Lucas. And he's been wanting to meet her." The phone started ringing and she put it to her ear to wait for an answer. She walked away so she could talk in peace, Alice noticed a medium sized, red car pulling into the school's parking lot. It pulled up next to her.

"Come on, we got to go!" Eli exclaimed to Alice.

"Wait! Fawn's Mom is coming with us."

"What?" He looked past Alice to Mrs. Mathews who was still on the phone.
"Ugh, I don't know if we even have time for this. She could already be in pain or dead, something! I don't know how long was I knocked out and the ride was at least an hour long, and we still need to get directions for the Science Facility!"

"You were knocked out? What happened?"

Eli pinched the bridge of his nose. "Uh, doesn't matter right now. I'll fill you in on the ride."

"I know where it's at, and I know someone who can be a big help." Mrs. Mathews placed her phone in her purse, coming up from behind Alice.

"Okay fine, get in. Mrs. Mathew's, where are we going?"

"My house, it's not far from here." They pulled out of the parking lot, Mrs. Mathews told Eli which way to turn to arrive at her house while Eli had to explain everything that happened from the moment he arrived to the Forrest with Fawn to when he woke up. They soon pulled up to a huge yellow house, pulling into the drive way, Mrs. Mathews jumped out the car and ran for there big, black truck. A man ran out from the house, he was fit and had some muscles to him and was tall. So he was pretty big. His hair was short and brown and had dark eyes. A younger boy ran out from the house as well, looking to be about in his early twenties. Brown hair like his Father but only a little longer, very skinny and tall, and had a very little bit of a beard growing.

"Lucas, you drive! You need to get us into your job. Fawn is there!" She yanked the passager side door open in a hurry and jumping in with Eli, Alice, and the guy jumping into the back with them. Lucas started the car and pulled out of the drive way.

"This is Eli and Alice." Mrs. Mathews introduced to the two. "And this is my husband Lucas and my son Alexander."

"Hi." Alice gave a shy wave.

"So you're the ones who found my baby girl?" Lucas asked, his voice was deep. He was really intimidating.

"Actually, I was, sir." Eli raised his hand. "I let her stay at my place for a while since she had no where else to go."

"Okay, and what about you?" He looked in the rear view mirror at Alice.

"I- uh, I'm just a friend. We hang out every once in a while and I'm with her in school and help her with tutoring if she needs it." Alice stuttered.

"Hm." He hummed, keeping his eyes on the road. Alice and Eli exchanged looks with each other.