Chapter Thirty ~Were Getting Out~

Fawn's P.O.V.

"Eli.." I mumbled, I looked back behind me to the others. The woman was held down onto the table I was strapped on and the man still in pain on the floor, but he wouldn't be there long. That I knew. Everything was a blur, but I could feel some things clear up. I couldn't remember much about Eli, but a slight haze of my past played in my head. I could see a deer, a buck. He got shot, I was crying over him. Then the memory got a little hazy, something grabbed me and ran off. I felt the same ping of pain in my heart. I remember the warmth and safety I felt with this stranger that took me. Could it have been him? Eli? That, I do not know. But I hope with time, my memory would come back and I would remember.

"Fawn?" Eli leaned his head down so he could see my face, look me in the eyes.
I looked back again to the hybrids, seeing them look at me with hope.
Then I started to think, this is not the time do be worrying over me and my memory.

"You're here to help us, to get us out right?"

"Of course I am." He confirmed.

"Then we need to go now." I walked passed him and to the door.

Eli nodded to a bigger guy who I guess is on our side. The others followed.

"You can't just walk out that door like this." Eli grabbed my arm, stopping me from leaving.

"Then what do I do?"

Eli pulled something out from the little cart they have been dragging around, a bag. "We need to humanize you."

He set the bag down, pulling random stuff out of it.
Such as some clothes and.. Squashed berries?

He got up, shoving a hat onto my head. Straightening my hair out, he grabbed a skin colored tube. Unscrewing the cap, he dabbed some of the stuff under my eyes. 
"What are you doing?" I almost pulled away.

"Just trust me." Using his finger, he rubbed it in. "Okay, your good. Let's go." He almost left for the door until I was able to grab a hold of his arm.

"Wait! What about my friends?" 

He looked back to them, then paused. His eyes went to the large cart he was dragging around. Then he smiled. "I don't have any extra hats for you all and defiantly for you," He pointed to Pax. "You need more than a hat,but I do have an idea." 

__________________________________________________

Third person P.O.V.

Eli poked his head out the door, looking left then right. Pulling his head back in, he opened the door again, pulling a cart behind him. Lucas pushed from behind, making sure nothing fell off.  Lucas's walky talky kept making noise, but it was muffled. He kept it on quiet. A worker past them, Eli casually smiled at the man but only for the man to give him a strange look then continue on. Eli's smile dropped back to normal, he glanced around for any other workers. 

"You okay down there, guys?" Eli whispered under the cart while he kept pulling. Under the cart on the bottom and top shelf, there were full trash bags. Inside the bags, in each one was all of the hybrids. Having their own bag, it was cramped, yes. But as long as it can help sneak them out, they were fine to jump into a plastic bag. Of course so they don't suffocate, they kept the opening a little ajar so they could at least get some air but it would still look shut. 

Eli tried to pull the cart to the exit so they could be once again free. He stopped abruptly, his heart fell. At the only exit, there were all of the workers running a search. Whoever was leaving, they were checking their bags and scanning over them. Some people were patrolling the area. 

"We can't find them, sir." A man that seemed to be around his thirties reported to an older man. 

"Then go search the halls! Find that boy, and when I find that janitor, he's fired!" He yelled.

"Oh no.." Eli mumbled, pushing the cart back behind the corner. Luckily they didn't spot them. 

"Go go go." Lucas pulled the cart the other way. We can't go that way. They will find them and we will be in a lot of trouble." 

"Then where can we go?" Eli put his hand to his head.

Lucas had to think, then his face lit up. "I have an idea," He heard footsteps coming towards their hall. "But we have to go if were planning on getting out of here." Lucas pulled hard, accidentally pulling Eli too hard where he fell over, a bag falling off the cart. 

"Ow!" Bailey yelped from the bag. 

Eli grabbed the bag, jumping up. Lucas wasn't stopping so Eli had to drag the bag behind him. 
"This feels weird!..... And kinda fun." Bailey commented. 
Eli shushed him so no one else would hear his voice coming out from a trash bag. Lucas opened a door and pulled the cart in, Eli pulling the bag the rest of the way through and shutting the door. Darkness overtook them, they couldn't see a thing. They could hear the footsteps walking pasted their door, chattering about the lost hybrids. 

There was a click, and a light came on. It was dim and flickering every once in a while. They were back in a storage room. "How did they know that quick about them?" Eli quietly wondered.

After a second, which is all it took for Lucas to yank out his walky talky. "That guy back in the room, he must have been able to reach his walky talky and alerted everyone." 

"So how do we get out?"

Lucas looked back down to him. "I led us in here for a reason, boy. Not just to hide." He stepped aside to show a small window.  "They will fit." He started to open a bag, Bailey was the first out, He kept opening the bags one by one, letting Jade, Pax, Vivian, Wyatt, and finally Fawn out. 

He stood up onto a box to reach the high up window. He opened it, then got back down. 

"Come on, lets go, double time." He encouraged them all to climb.