Chapter Twenty-Three ~I'm Not Alone~

"Guys, I think she's dead." A young guy's voice commented.

There was the sound of skin hitting skin. "Ow!" The same voice yelled.

"Don't say that!" A girl's voice hissed. "If she was then she wouldn't be here, they would have done the same to her what they would do to the others that don't make it."

"Do you think she's gonna be nice?" A shyer voice asked quietly.

"I think so, Jade." A voice answered with annoyance leaking from it.

"Should we get water to help wake her up?"

"We don't need to startle her!"

"Just let her wake up on her own, I think she'll be fine.."

I squeezed my eyes tighter together before trying to flutter them open.

"Whoa! She's waking up!" A voice exclaimed, I could hear the sound of bare feet smacking against the floor then splashing into water.

Another voice yelped, I could hear a lot of movement scampering away from me. I sat up, groaning when I start to feel the nagging pain in my neck. Ugh! I got a crick in my neck! Knew I would from the way I've been laying. I looked up, seeing trees, huge rocks, and water, was I back in the Forrest? I pulled my knees up to my chest, my hand felt the floor. Yanking it back up, I looked down to see a normal flooring like you would find in buildings. This wasn't the Forrest, I stood up. Behind me was a wall, but it had a huge window. It looked more like a window for observations. I was back at the science lab. I ran to a door, banging onto it.

"Hello?! Someone?!" I yelled, banging onto it. After a few attempts without getting a response, I slid to the floor.

Then I was finally able to get a response to my cries. "Hello?"

I spun around with my back to the door, wiping a few stray tears away.
I could see the trees, a dark shadow casting creepily down onto them. A figure jumped down from it, slowly walking into the light. It was a girl, she had white hair, very skinny and short.
Walking more into the light, it got me off guard to see her with wings. Not exactly angel or fairy wings, they were big and brown.

"W-Who a-are you?" My voice trembled.

She smiled. "I'm Pax." She walked closer with a more confident walk.

"What's with th-.." I gestured to my back, were wings would be.

"I'm half eagle, now don't go making fun of my height. Because I can most likely get farther than you."

"I wasn't going too.." I mumbled. There's more? Just like me? I am not alone.. Another figure fell from the trees, then another, then another.

One was a boy, he had red hair and emerald eyes. Orange, pointy ears stuck out of his head with the same colored fluffy tail but a white tip. Fox? I'm guessing. The other was a girl, her skin was dark, with black, straight hair, bangs going over one of her eyes and a white strip in her hair. She had a black fluffy tail with white as well. She was hiding behind another boy with strawberry blonde hair and again a bushy tail.

"Guys, don't be rude! Say hi!" Pax snapped at them.

Fox boy rolled his eyes, stepping up first. "Hey, what up. I'm part fox," Knew it!
"Call me Blaze."

Pax came up behind him, setting her hands onto his shoulders. "His name is Bailey." She smiled and moving onto the next.

"Wha-! Ugh!" Bailey tried to protest but must of realized it wasn't worth the argument.

Pax tapped the girl that was trying to hide. "Go on, you're next. just do what Me and Bailey did."

"H-hi, I'm Jade, I'm part-" The rest was muttered and not understandable.

"Jade, louder. There's no need to be ashamed." Pax encouraged her.

"I really wish I was mixed with another animal." I heard her grumble angrily to Pax. She sighed. "I'm part skunk." She hid back behind the boy.

"Soooo... Do you.. Uhhh.." I tried to ask her if she was just like other skunks, and by that I was asking if she sprays. She caught on and shook her head no.

"Thank goodness." Bailey rolled his eyes.

"I'm Wyatt, part squirrel." The guy that had Jade hiding being him raised his hand. "Care to tell us who you are?"

"Fawn," I placed a hand on my chest. "Mixed with deer."

"Well, isn't that just special." Bailey replied sarcastically, walking away and back to the miniature 'Forrest.'

"Wait, there's one more! Vivian! Come on and meet Fawn!" Pax called out into a direction. The water began to stir, then a head emerged from it. My eyes widened. Long dark hair, her clothes were long and very flowy. She was amazing! But something was off, she had no shoes and her toes were webbed, she had gills on her neck and sides.

"Whoa.." I about gasped. "What are you mixed with?"

"Fish, they wanted to see if they could make a mermaid. I'm their failed attempt." She shrugged but her eyes held humor. "I'm Vivian." She offered a nice smile, holding her hand out to me. I took hold of it, shaking it.