Chapter 1

Calm and peaceful. That's what it was like here. In my aunt's house. My mother abandoned me here when I was 11. My hometown was Starsdale. I sighed and got out of bed, trudging downstairs and to the kitchen. Glancing around, I found my aunt sitting on the couch with a book.

"Morning Auntie."

"Morning sleepyhead!"

I grinned. My aunt acted like my best friend. Another reason why I loved it here.

"Breakfast is on the table."

"Thanks!"

"Anything for you!"

After I ate, I walked over to the couch and sat there in silence. Aunt Mariposa looked up at me and put down her book.

"You good, kiddo?"

"Yeah, I'm just...I don't know, I guess I feel like an outcast."

"Why?"

I gave her a look, she sighed, "Right, your magic."

"Yeah..."

"You never really told me why you have all these abilities. Are you okay with explaining them to me?"

I sighed, "I guess...I mean it wouldn't hurt to tell you why mom and dad shut me out."

She nodded, "I'm listening."

"Well...around the time I started to talk, I met a dragon."

"Really?"

"Yes! Her name was Celestia and she was the Celestial Dragon. She told me that she's the empress of the other dragons."

"I thought there were only six dragons."

"Celestia is one of the new dragons that was discovered on Dragon Bay Island. Anyway, she started training me with Celestial Dragon Slayer magic, then after I had mastered it all, she started training me with Elemental Mage magic, Time Bending magic, Musical Mage magic, and Celestial Mage magic."

"I see. But didn't you also say you had Shadow Demon magic?"

I shook my head, "That's an uncontrollable curse or takeover."

She raised an eyebrow, "Uncontrollable?"

"When I have an excessive amount of a certain emotion, the Shadow Demon takes over. So I can't show much emotion or it will happen."

"How long ago were you cursed with it?"

"About 6 years now."

"How long does it take effect?"

"I don't know. I think 20 years."

"You'll be in your fourties by then!"

"I know..."

Aunt Mariposa stood up, walking over to me and placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I know this may seem hard for you, but you gotta push through. I heard there's a guild nearby with a couple Dragon Slayers. Maybe you should go see if you can make a couple friends."

I shook my head. I didn't want to. I didn't want to be pushed away like I was with my parents. Aunt Mariposa sighed and ruffled my hair.

"If you change your mind, call me down. I'd love to meet the other wizards there."

I chuckled and stood up, "I'll be in my room. Probably reading or singing, or something of the sort."

"Alright!"

I ran up to my room and shut the door. I opened one of my windows to get some fresh air. I summoned an acoustic guitar and strummed a small tune.

"Merrily we fall out of line, out of line. I'd fall anywhere with you, I'm by your side. Swinging in the rain, humming melodies. We're not going anywhere until we freeze. I'm not afraid anymore. I'm not afraid. Forever is a long time, but I wouldn't mind spending it by your side."

I played the short instrumental, a small smile blooming on my face.

"Carefully we're placed for our destiny. You came and you took this heart, and set it free. Every word you write or sing is so warm to me, so warm to me. I'm torn, I'm torn to be right where you are. I'm not afraid anymore, I'm not afraid. Forever is a long time, but I wouldn't mind spending it by your side. Tell me everyday I get to wake up to that smile. I wouldn't mind it at all. I wouldn't mind it at all. You so know me, pinch me gently, I can hardly breathe."

I stopped strumming for a second then started again.

"Forever is a long time, but I wouldn't mind spending it by your side. Tell me everyday I get to wake up to that smile. I wouldn't mind it at all. I wouldn't mind it at all."

I sighed after singing the last note, then I heard clapping from outside. I leaned out the window to see a boy with long green hair, a girl with long light brown hair and another boy with short spiky blond hair.

"You're really talented!" said the light brown haired girl.

"She's alright...I guess..." said the boy with spikes blond hair

I blushed slightly, "T-Thank you."

"I'm Evergreen, these are my comrades from Fairy Tail."

"Fairy Tail?"

"We are a magic guild. There are more of us." the boy with long, lime green hair said.

I pondered for a moment, then made my guitar disappear before looking over them once more.

"I'm curious. What magic do you possess?" I asked them.

Evergreen pointed to the blonde, "Laxus has Lightning Dragon Slayer magic."

My eyes widened at that simple phrase, "Dragon Slayer?!"

"It's a lacrama that was implemented into my body when I was a child, but yes. I am a Dragon Slayer."

"I'm a Dragon Slayer too!"

They looked at me in confusion and I hopped out of my window. I did a double front flip and landed on the ground. Laxus gave me a look.

"Corrana Raven NightOwl. First generation Celestial Dragon Slayer." I said as I gave a two finger salute.

"Interesting. Who was your dragon?"

"Celestia. I was trained by her when I was around 5 to 6 years old."

"We've never heard of such a dragon."

"Well, do you know about the recently discovered island?"

They shook their heads, "Never heard of a new island."

"Dragon Bay Island. That's where Celestia was first discovered. I, her first pupil."

The boy with green hair extended his hand to me, "Pleasure to meet you, Corrana. I'm Freed."

I smiled and shook his hand, I noticed him blushing a bit and raised a brow, curious by his suddenly pink cheeks.

"So, Corrana. Would you like to come to the guild with us?" asked Evergreen.

"I would love to! Just give me a minute!" I said and dashed back into the house.

Aunt Mariposa looked up from her magazine and stared at me. I smiled.

"Guess who met some wizards at Fairy Tail and is going to see the guild hall!"

She dropped her magazine and ran over to hug me, "This is great! I hope you make some friends! Don't be afraid to bring them over too!"

I giggled, "I'll make an attempt! I should be back in a few hours."

"Well if you get a job request, tell me. I don't want to worry."

"I'll be fine!"

"I trust you. Now go have fun!"

"I will!"

She let go and I waved as I walked out the door.