Chapter 8

I didn't know where to sit. People in different sections of the guild were calling me over. I felt a strain of confusion and a lost feeling. I didn't know where to go, and this feeling kept bubbling up inside of me. Then I felt someone tap my shoulder. I glanced behind me, Freed stood there with a soft smile. I blushed a bit.

"Are you alright? You look anxious."

"I need to sit alone somewhere." I whispered.

He nodded and grabbed my hand in his, taking me to a corner away from all the other rowdy guild members.

"Aw, come on Freed, don't keep her to yourself!" someone shouted.

"Yeah! We want to get to know her too!"

Freed whirled around to them, "She told me she wants to sit alone. I was just showing her a place where she won't be disturbed."

Laxus stood up, his voice boomed throughout the guild hall, "Let her be. If she wants to be alone, let her. There's no use in poking the bear."

I let out a small giggle. He compared me to a bear. Freed looked over and smiled at me, I politely returned it. After the commotion died down, I began to study the personalities of the other guild members. I wanted to keep notes so I quietly snapped my fingers, making a journal appear along with a pen. I looked around and found Natsu talking with Lucy, Gray, Erza, Happy, Wendy, and Carla. He seemed so happy talking with them, then I noticed the way his arm was positioned. He had it so it was by Lucy, but not wrapped around her.

"Natsu has a crush!" I thought to myself as I jotted down the observation.

If I didn't explain earlier, let me try now. Instead of getting to know people, I observe their personalities so I know what to expect from them. It seemed easier to form a better impression of them that way. I heard footsteps approaching me so I quickly turned the page and started a small doodle of a symbol I had always seen in my dreams. Someone cleared their throat and I looked up, surprised to see a girl with short white hair standing in front of me. She looked a bit like Mira, was she her twin?

"Hi, I know you don't want to be bothered, but I couldn't help myself. I'm Lisanna Strauss."

"Corrana NightOwl."

She bowed and smiled, "It's nice to meet you."

"Same to you."

"Is it alright if I sit?"

"Go ahead."

She sat down and looked at me, her eyes seemed to have a wondering look in them.

"I see why you don't show much emotion. That curse you have seems to really be killing you."

"It's very powerful, I just can't control it."

She nodded and thought for a moment, "What if we were to find someone who was willing to make the curse part of your magic but removing the uncontrollable part of it?"

"There's no one like that. The Book of Darkness is the only thing that can reverse it."

"We know someone who has very strong healing magic."

"Lisanna, it's fine. If I wanted to, I would already be going."

"It's just an option. Tell Mira if you want to see her. She'll have someone go with you."

"Yeah..."

"It was nice talking to you though. I have to get back to work, sadly."

"It's fine, go on ahead."

As she left, I started thinking to myself.

"Would what Lisanna said work? Well, there's no use in not trying. I'll give it a shot tomorrow."