Chapter 3

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see a girl with long white hair, her bangs tied up.

"I'm Mirajane. Are you joining the guild?"

I looked at everyone around me, noticing how everyone was having fun, laughing, just being a family, I looked back at Mirajane and nodded.

She smiled, "Great! Come with me, I'll get your guild mark put on."

I followed her to the bar and she rummaged around for a bit before lifting up a stamp.

"Where would you like your mark?"

I held up my right wrist, "Here, and in lavender, please?"

She giggled, "Of course!"

And soon enough, the guild mark was placed. It felt friendly and calming. Better than my old home in Starsdale.

"YOU JOINED THE GUILD!" exclaimed Lucy.

"Yep!"

"I never got to ask, but what's your magic? I know Laxus said you're a Dragon Slayer, but I get a different vibe from you."

"I have five different types."

Her eyes widened, "Really?"

"Yep!"

Before I could tell her, the lights dimmed and a spotlight appeared on the stage. I cocked my head in confusion.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Mira's going to perform!" said Natsu.

I took immediate interest. I loved to perform, I always did since I was a child. Mira was on stage and began to perform. I'll admit, she's pretty good. Afterwards, I heard a voice.

"Corrana should perform!"

Freed? I turned my head towards him, he was grinning at me.

"Corrana? Would you like to?" Mira asked.

"Eh, why not?" I muttered as I walked to the stage and climbed up.

Summoning my acoustic guitar, I walked on stage and sat down on the stool. I smiled at everyone and took a breath.

"So, this song is called Simple Man."

I began strumming, my eyes closed as I did so.

"Momma told me when I was young. Said 'Sit beside me, my only son, and listen closely to what I say. If you do this, it'll help you some sunny day. Oh yeah. Oh take your time, don't live to fast. Troubles will come, and they will pass. You'll find a woman, and you'll find love. Don't forget son, there is someone up above. And be a simple kind of man. Be something you love and understand. Baby be a simple kind of man. Won't you do this for me son, if you can?'"

I smiled, this song was one my aunt sung to my brother because to him, she was a better parent than my mother. She knew we were going to grow up and be great people.

I continued to sing, "'Forget your lust for the rich man's gold. All that you need is in your soul. You can do this, oh baby, if you try. All that I want for you, my son, is to be satisfied and be a simple kind of man. Be something you love and understand. Baby be a simple kind of man. Won't you do this for me son, if you can?'"

I strummed the instrumental, fighting back tears in my eyes. This was one of the most emotional songs I could ever love. It made me remember that I'm human and I make mistakes, but I can do amazing things if I put my heart to it.

"'Boy don't you worry, you'll find yourself. Follow your heart and nothing else. You can do this, oh baby, if you try. All that I want for you, my son, is to be satisfied and be a simple kind of man. Be something you love and understand. Baby be a simple kind of man. Won't you do this for me son, if you can?'"

I ended on that last note, the whole guild was silent then they erupted in an applause. I smiled to them all.

"Thank you!" I cheerfully said as I hopped off the stage.

Lucy met with me as I left the stage, "You're amazing!"

"Awe, thanks! I've loved music for forever."

"No really," Lucy grabbed my hand, "your voice is beautiful!"

I blushed, "You're too sweet."

Everyone than began to swarm me, complimenting me on what I've done. I started getting overwhelmed and felt the takeover magic begin to boil within me. I shoved past everyone and ran out of the guild.