[Christmas Special] Chapter 20

I spent time with the guild for a while, talking and laughing. I didn't even realize that Bisca and Alzack were here until Mira called my attention to a little girl in a cowgirl hat.

I approached the family of three and smiled. The lady with a red cowgirl hat smiled at me and held out her hand, "Howdy. I'm Bisca."

"Corrana NightOwl, first generation Dragon Slayer." I chirped as I shook her hand.

The little girl stared at me with big, interested eyes while I talked to Bisca and Alzack. She then pulled on my dress, catching my attention.

"Sorry, this is our daughter, Asuka." Alzack said.

I knelt down and smiled, "Hi there."

"You're very pretty." she blurted out.

I was shocked by her blunt compliment, but I grinned, "Thank you. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

Now this kid was concerning me. Where was she getting these questions from? I glanced up to Bisca to see if she was listening, and surely enough her face was red with embarrassment. Alzack was frozen with shock.

"Uh...erm...I don't think you should be asking those questions to someone you just met, Asuka." Bisca managed to say.

"Why?"

"Because it can be rude to some people." Alzack murmured.

I looked to Mira, who then took over the situation by telling Asuka about the tree I have yet to decorate. The little girl's face lit up and she immediately grabbed my hand, dashing over to the tree.

"Was that weird demon guy your boyfriend?" she asked as I brought over a box.

"Honey, please don't ask about him.."

"Why?"

"He's a bad guy, a very very bad guy." I simply answered, "Bad guys don't deserve to be talked about."

I started unboxing a few ornaments and handed the non-fragile ones to Asuka. She seemed to know what she was doing, since she didn't clump all of the decorations together.

"Having fun?" asked a voice.

I turned around and smiled at the owner of the voice, Mira, "Of course, decorating a Christmas tree is always fun!"

She giggled and lifted up Asuka as she couldn't reach the spot she wanted to put the ornament.

After a while, the tree had been decorated. Asuka high-fived me and ran back to her parents. I looked at the tree and sighed, recalling some memories.

I decided to head up to my room and wrap a few gifts that I had bought for a few guild members that I knew well. I started humming to myself as I began my fun little project. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and I quickly ran to the door. I exited my room and shut the door just as Laxus was approaching.

"Well, you left quickly." Laxus said, "You hiding something?"

"Yes, and nobody can come in until I finished. It's Christmas."

Laxus placed his hand on top of my head, before I could say anything, he ruffled my hair and turned around, heading back downstairs. I went back into my room and finished wrapping the gifts. I hid the presents in my closet and got tired. I headed downstairs and got an idea.