Chapter 7

Trigger warning: light depictions of abuse/self harm, please read with caution or skip the chapter entirely
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Freed stayed for dinner, my aunt nearly passed out from joy. She was so happy to have him over. At least she likes him! Right now it was close to midnight and I was sitting with my aunt. I had to tell her about what happened. She had to know.

"Aunt Mary, something happened today that I need to talk to you about...well...two things."

"You can tell me anything, Ana."

"Well, one...I...harmed myself...Gajeel fixed me up."

She grabbed me into a tight hug, "Why would you do this to yourself? Why? It would kill me if you died this early, Ana."

I sighed, "I made a promise to Gajeel that I won't do it again."

"You better not!"

"I won't. Now for the other thing..."

She let go of me and tilted her head slightly, a sad look in her eye, "Your parents, you know about the arranged marriage for you and Drocomi."

"Yes, I do. But I broke it off with him. His mark is gone."

She pulled me into a hug and whispered, "Thank Eanna. You deserve so much better than him. Fate has a better path in store for you."

"I know, but he's broken me so much. I don't know where I should go."

"The guild can help you. Why don't you go get a job tomorrow? Maybe have a couple friends join you? Freed seems nice, maybe you could have him join."

"I-I guess...I don't know..."

She looked at me and smirked, "Corrana's got a cruuuuuuush!"

"No! Stop it!"

"You have a crush! On Freed! Awww! Corrana, he's a nice boy. You two are destined, I can see it!"

I was blushing so much, my face was so red. Mariposa laughed and hugged me, making me squeak in embarrassment. I couldn't picture myself with Freed, or anyone. I felt scared that I was going to be hurt again. I sighed and let go of my aunt.

"Corrana, go to bed. I'll put a protection spell over the house so nothing bad happens."

"Okay, goodnight."

"Goodnight."

I stood up and began walking away, when she stopped me. I turned to her.

"Our time now may be up."

I smiled and finished, "But I'll be the sun."

I walked up to my room and changed into a black tanktop and pajama pants, crawling into my bed and holding my purple pillow close to me. Purple like my best friend's hair.

"Rocky, I hope you're okay." I mumbled as I fell asleep.

I saw all white, a woman about five foot six emerged from the shadows. She had violet hair and lightning yellow eyes. I knew who she was, and I ran towards her. My best friend.

"Rocky!" I called to her, before I saw what I could never unsee.

Bradley was next to Rocky and I saw the shattered skin on her legs. She was abused by him as well. I knew, I knew she wouldn't date him. She fell in love before, but was broken hearted. She stopped falling in love, only loving her family and friends in a respectful way. I halted when I was face to face with her. Her eyes were glassy, as if she had been crying.

"Please, help me." she mumbled before she disappeared.

I had reached out to touch her form before she faded, Bradley standing there with a satisfied smirk.

"What did you do to her?" I growled at him.

"Everything I ever did to you, but it wasn't me who raped her, it was a cult."

"But she told me that you killed them!"

"There was another, one that was far more forceful. And don't forget about the rogue mages and what they made you do."

"NEVER bring that up! We swore on our lives to never EVER speak of it."

"Then, as long as you remember your past, she remembers hers. You still have 5 years until I return, but you know I can talk to you on this level."

"Then I can still know what happened?"

"Of course, but I can't bring harm since your aunt protected the house and protected you. I can only give you information and answer your questions about what is happening with her and maybe a couple others."

"What do you mean, others?"

"The realms we live in are colliding, they are becoming one by an outside force. One not of our realms."

"Then you don't know?"

"I do not."

"Odd, usually the dimensions are stable, she stumbled into mine by mistake. I know that."

"Yes, but some other forces are colliding other dimensions. Planning on making a bigger, better life."

"Interesting."

"Time flies Corrana, and now it is morning. Awaken and await what the new day holds."

"We'll never speak of this, Drocomi. Make that promise with me."

"Of course."

I woke up to sunlight shining through my window, making me hold a hand over my eyes as I stood up.

"Hey Stardust!" said a voice.

Natsu's face came into view, I yelped and crawled backwards a bit.

"What are you doing here?! Don't you knock?!"

"I let him in." said Mariposa.

I looked over at her, then back to Natsu, sighing in slight relief. I never expected this before, but I'll have to get used to it.

"Never scare me like that again."

"Hahaha! Sorry, I wanted to see if you could come to the guild today!"

I nodded enthusiastically, "Yeah! Yeah! Let me get changed really quick!"

Once Natsu left, I changed into a purple tank top, black jean shorts, white sneakers, and a purple and white snap-back. I walked out of the room, and met up with Natsu in the living room.

"Come on! Let's go!" I smiled.

As we left the house, Natsu then poked my arm.

"LAST ONE TO THE GUILD HALL IS A ROTTEN EGG!"

He then took off running, I stood shocked for a moment before immediately catching up.

"WAIT UP!" I laughed.

We tied when we made it to the guild hall. Natsu approached the doors and turned back to me with a smile. I returned it and ran up to the doors, happy to see the guild smiling at me. Then my eyes laid on Freed and I slightly blushed.

Maybe I do like him...