Chapter 14

"Thank you so much for defeating those Vulcans! With the girls returned to their homes, my representative team won't be so worried and they'll get back to work!" Malachi said.

"You mean going back to bribing them so you can stay mayor?" Corrana muttered.

I glanced at her then looked back to her father, I could see the physical similarities between the two but I kept my focus on Malachi.

"They were a difficult enemy, but it seemed to be very easy."

"He's right, with our magic combined, they were easy to take down. We're glad the girls are safe."

Malachi bowed to us and then handed Corrana our reward. He kept looking at her, and it made me sick.

"I also want to thank you, Freed, for bringing back my daughter."

"WHAT?!" Corrana and I shouted.

"Oh don't act like you thought you could hide yourself by slightly changing your appearance!"

"And what makes you think I'm coming back?" Corrana growled.

"You can't live by yourself, now can you?"

As soon as he said that, we could hear the cries and pleads of Mariposa, we turned around and she was in the grasp of a guard.

"Please! Let me go! I didn't do anything wrong, I didn't! Let me go!"

Corrana glared at her father, "You don't know what you've done, father. You WILL PAY A THOUSAND SINS FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! SHADOW DEMON TAKEOVER!"

I ducked away where she wouldn't see me, a memory coming back to me.

"Freed, I fear he knows that I'm not who I say I am. If he does anything to the extreme, if I'm in the Shadow Demon Takeover, hide."

"What?"

"I need you to hide, I don't want to injure you, you just need to hide."

"I understand."

"YOU WILL DIE!" Corrana yelled, echoing through the halls of the building we were in.

Peeking over the edge of my hiding spot, I could see dark horns, black scaled arms and legs, a lizard-like tail, and armor clad hands and feet, of which were also black. Luna ran to my side, I held her to me, watching as Corrana clawed and teared at her father. Blood dripping everywhere onto the tile flooring.

"MARIPOSA WAS MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER BE YOU SELFISH PRICK! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT FAMILY LOVE IS, YOU ONLY HAD MIKE AND I FOR PERSONAL BENEFITS! AND THEN YOU ARRANGE FOR THAT INCUBUS AND I TO MARRY, THAT'S WHERE I DRAW THE LINE! I WILL NEVER DO ANYTHING YOU SAY BECAUSE I'M WITH FAIRY TAIL, AND THEY MAKE ME HAPPY!"

"Corrana..." Luna mumbled.

I just stared, how much pent up anger did she have?

"GRRRRRAAAAAA! I WON'T LET YOU LIVE TO HURT ANYMORE PEOPLE WHO I CARE ABOUT!"

She was a totally different person, she lifted her black, scaled arms to her mouth, closing her armor clad hands into fists.

"SHADOW DEMON SPIRIT ROAR!" She bellowed demonically.

A beam of dark grey and white shot out of her mouth, perfectly striking Malachi through his heart. He stumbled backwards and fell to the ground, Raven had immediately run down the stairs and begun to fight her daughter.

"ICE MAKE CANON!" Raven shouted.

Corrana blocked it and glared at her mother.