Chapter 4

~Freed's POV~

I watched as she ran out of the guild suddenly. Why did she run off?

"Do you think it's because of her curse?" asked Ever.

"Possibly, we should start finding a way to get rid of it before she breaks in front of us."

"What are you talking about?" asked Levy.

I sighed and turned to Ever and Laxus, "Should we tell them?"

"They could help."

I nodded, "Corrana has a curse. The Shadow Demon Takeover."

"If she feels an intense amount of emotion, it takes over. She's unable to control it and it's been with her for six years."

The guild was quiet, everyone looked at each other.

"We need your help as to find a way to get rid of the curse. Find anything related to the curse."

"You can't find it in any other books. Only one. The Book of Darkness." said a voice.

I whirled around and became face to face with a chubby girl with seaweed green hair.

"Who are you?"

"My name is Hell Pheonix. Corrana killed my family."

We all went quiet. How did this girl know who Corrana was?

"You see, she killed them out of cold blood, I'm tracking her down and killing her myself."

"LIAR! SHE WON'T DO SUCH A THING!" yelled another voice.

A woman in her thirties was standing in the doorway. She was enraged.

"And who are you to say I am lying?"

"Her only family that accepts her, I'm her aunt. Now the real reason you want her dead, is for revenge. She never meant to kill your family, you provoked the takeover! So listen to me and listen really closely. Mess with her and whatever friendships she's made here, and you will suffer so much more than a fight."

"And that would be?"

"The Devil's Burden. The only takeover that she can control and will use to rid this world of you!"

Hell scoffed and walked out, "You'll never find the Book of Darkness, I burned every copy in the world. All but one, you'll have to find it to rid her of that takeover."

What can we do?

How can we save her?

How can we find the Book?

Wherever you are, Corrana, please be okay...

~Corrana's POV~

I was in a cave, I didn't know where I was. Luckily, I was far from the city. Nobody could see me freak out in my Shadow Demon form...then after a while, a voice called out to me.

"Corrana Raven NightOwl. We meet once again."

"Hell Pheonix. What do you want?"

"To kill you, obviously. But enough talk. SHADOW DEMON TAKEOVER!"

And soon, she was in her form as well.

"Ready to fight?"

"I'll send you back to hell where you belong!"

"The owl is ready, let's begin!"

Since the takeover magic didn't have much to give in terms of spells, Hell and I began fighting with our fists. She was strong, but I was stronger.