Chapter 16

It's as if the pain was gone in an instant, like my dagger just disappeared. My heartbeat became normal, and I felt awful that I did that. I had used my Time Bender magic to rewind time and stop myself from doing what I did, but it didn't stop me from feeling so guilty for almost putting my guildmates through the death of someone like me.

I don't know why I did it, but something told me that I shouldn't give up....not yet. Well...more like someone...I heard the voice of Rocky before I reversed time and she told me that I had to stay alive...for her sake. I had forgotten about the secret, the secret that made her and I feel what the other felt.

I got out of the infirmary bed and fully healed myself, I silently opened the door and pushed past everyone who was gathered at the entrance and made my way to Master Makarov.

He looked at me and gave me a nod, "Upstairs, third door on the left. You may decorate it as you like."

I nodded and made my way up, when I opened the door, I was struck with the horrible smell of old wood and bugs. I sighed and opened the curtains to let in some light, only to find the windows caked in grim and dust. I groaned and called for Lisanna and Mira to help me out, the two entering with a lot of cleaning supplies.

"I'll get the windows." Mira said as she immediately went over and began to scrub them down.

"I'll get the dust and cobwebs." Lisanna said.

I shrugged and started going through boxes that were stacked on top of one another, saving potion ingredients, jewelry, clothes and throwing away things that didn't belong. I had opened the next box and found a bunch of strange roses, I picked one up and found a note on its box.

"Infinity Roses, from Haruhi Yumi."

I wondered why Haruhi had a box like this, but I decided to save them, just in case. Moving the box to the side, I opened up another one to find a bunch of drawings and canvases. I shoved that one to the side as well to take a look at them later.

Soon enough, Mira finished cleaning the windows and Lisanna finished dusting. I thanked them and they both left. Leaving me to burn the trash that I didn't want. I watched the flames dance and then all of a sudden, they were sucked up. I turned around and Natsu was standing there with a frown, his arms crossed. I returned the frown and crossed my arms as well. I didn't want to speak to him, so I made that very clear through thought.

"You did something, Corrana. That's why you're not talking." Natsu said aloud.

I shook my head and turned back to my room. The walls were bare and lifeless and the floor was a splintery wood that hadn't been properly cared for. I sighed and walked over to the closet, opening the doors. I shrieked as a bunch of boxes and clothes fell on top of me, pushing me to the floor and crushing me. I waved an arm for Natsu to see and help, and instantly I was pulled out of the rubble. I looked at him and he shook his head and left. I was alone once more. I decided to go through the boxes and clothes and then burned the other things I didn't need. Once everything was burned, I felt the presence of Master Makarov and turned to him.

"You cannot live in total silence."

I sighed and spoke, "Master, it's easier this way. I can't forget what I did or what I've been through. For me, it's like trying to cross a moat of lava, but the only thing you have are sticks. It's impossible."

"I understand, but it would make everyone feel better if you and Freed talked about what happened."

"I will once I recover from the storm."

He nodded and looked around the room, "I see you've cleaned up."

I shrugged and looked around, "I had Mira and Lisanna help me out. I went through some old boxes to see if there was anything that would be of use."