Chapter 2

I met up with Evergreen, Freed, and Laxus outside and we began walking to the guild.

"So, Corrana. Were you born here?"

"No...I was born in Starsdale. My parents left me with my aunt eleven years ago."

"Why?"

I tensed up at that question. Evergreen took notice.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know it was a hard topic to talk about."

"No...It's fine. They left me here because they thought I was a burden to the family."

"A burden?"

I sighed and nodded my head, "Yeah. They didn't want me to learn any magic. They didn't want me to grow up being single. They tried to marry me off at a young age. My brother is dead because of them."

"What did they do?"

"I would rather not disclose that."

Evergreen placed a hand on my shoulder, Laxus pat the top of my head, and Freed stopped in his tracks for a second before catching back up with us.

"You've been through a lot, huh?"

"That's not the worst of it...I'm also cursed..."

"What do you mean?"

"Ever heard of the Shadow Demon takeover?"

They shook their heads, "Such a curse is unknown to us."

"Basically it's a VERY powerful takeover magic. I've been cursed with it for six years. I can't control it and it only takes over if I feel an excessive amount of a certain emotion."

We all stopped, I bowed my head and let my bangs cover my eyes. I felt a sudden warmth, but I didn't look up. Then a voice.

"We could help you get rid of it." said Freed.

"How?"

"We have our ways. Now let's go."

I nodded and followed, completely oblivious that I was holding Freed's hand. We soon arrived in front of the guild hall. Laxus opened the doors and everyone inside fell silent.

"This is Corrana NightOwl! She is the first generation Celestial Dragon Slayer! Please treat her with the up-most respect while she visits!" Laxus announced.

I immediately felt awkward and shy. There were a lot of people here. A boy with salmon pink hair ran up to me.

"You're a Dragon Slayer?!"

I nodded, was he like me? A dragon slayer? I caught a whiff of his scent, it was all too familiar to me.

"Igneel?" I thought to myself.

"FIGHT ME!" he shouted, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I hid behind Evergreen as Laxus knocked him out. What was his problem?

"Sorry about him, Natsu always challenges people to fight him." said a girl with blonde hair.

I nodded, still a little nervous around all these people. A short, old man approached us, he looked at me and smiled.

"Welcome Corrana, I am Makarov Dreyar. I am the master of the guild."

I bowed to him, showing a little respect, "Pleasure to meet you."

He gave me a small smile, "Do you mind me asking why you are here?"

"Not at all! I came here with Evergreen, Laxus and Freed. I was hoping to make some friends and maybe join the guild."