Chapter 13

The next morning, I woke up to see his eyes staring back at me, with a bright smile and his messy hair that's usually well-kept. He was sitting up, still keeping his eyes on me.

"Good, you're awake. How do you feel?"

"Different, but...I feel lighter."

He tilted his head in confusion, "How so?"

"Like...like the curse was weighing me down, but without it...I feel lighter."

"You should, I worked very hard to get rid of that nasty thing." Porlyusica said as she emerged from around the corner.

I immediately sat up and bowed my head to her, "Thank you so much! You have no idea how grateful I am that you did this!"

I looked up to see a slight tint to her cheeks, "I..."

"Miss Porlyusica, I understand your dislike to humans, but some of us are just as kind as you are to others. I don't mind your disliking, but would you consider what I've said?"

She was silent, staring at me like she was thinking about something...then I heard her voice, but her mouth wasn't moving.

"Is she serious? She knows that I don't like humans, but she's asking me to consider their kindness?"

Silence, then her voice was in my head a second time, "So she wants to show me the kindness in humans, but what will it do?"

"It will show you that even if you believe what you believe, we are kinder than it may seem. Little acts make a person kinder and stronger, they have to be good acts in order for that growth to take place, if the opposite then those people spiral into darkness."

She stared at me in shock, then I heard her voice once more in my head, "She has a point...she reminds me of Makarov with the way she speaks."

"Thank you, Miss. For everything."

She nodded and left the room, leaving Luna, Freed, and I to gather our things and set off on our job.

Porlyusica then came back in, "I forgot to mention something, Corrana. You have two new magic abilities."

I froze, fear starting to take its toll, "What are they?"

"Sanity Mage and Moon Goddess Slayer."

"Goddess Slayer?!" Freed and I exclaimed.

"Yes, Wizards with Goddess Slayer magic are relatively stronger than God Slayers."

"Wow..." Freed mumbled.

"So that makes nine magic abilities and I control them all."

"That is correct."

I looked at the palms of my hands, eyeing each line like the magic was running across them, I clenched my fists and smiled, "AWESOME!"

"And another that I just remembered, you're an Animal Morpher. You can change into any animal you please."

"That's amazing! Thank you Miss!"

Porlyusica left once more and the three of us were on our way to the train station.

"Just thinking about that death machine is gonna make me hurl." I muttered.

"I'm positive that you'll be fine." Freed said as he gently placed a hand on my shoulder.

I flinched, quickly pushing his hand off of my shoulder, "Sorry...I'm just not-"

"Used to people touching you because of Drocomi?"

"Y-yeah..."

Freed stopped and stood in front of me, tilting my head up to meet his eyes.