Ch 1- The Accident

Yukiko's pov

"Mom hurry up! Or else we'll be late for Aunty Kaeko's party!" I shouted running out the door. "I'm coming!" My mother yelled. My mother is a full blooded Korean, while my dad is a full blooded Japanese. Me, I'm half and half. I'm 16 years old still in high school, my name is Yukiko Tsuneko, and we live in Tokyo, Japan. I know both languages, Japanese and Korean. People say, I look more of my mom with the Korean features, big eyes and small nose. But when I smile, I have the Japanese features.

"Gee mom if I didn't rush you we could've been late." My mother laughed along with my dad. I connected in my playlist of songs in the car, rhythm and blues is my genre. Humming along with the beat my mother asked, "did you bring your guitar?" I nodded my head, "It's at the back of the car. I hope Aunty Kaeko will like the birthday song I composed," mom turned around to face me, "she will sweetheart," mom smiled and turned to the front.

I hummed along to the beat, getting the smooth rhythm into my body, feeling as if it was only me and the music. Aunty Kaeko was one of my closes aunt so I prepared her a birthday song. I smiled at the thought of presenting her my new song. The song changed making my lips tug upwards. Dad turned to me with a big grin, "it's our song!" The ukulele of the intro strummed.

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high
And the dreams that you dreamed of
Once in a lullaby

Somewhere over the rainbow
Blue birds fly
And the dreams that you dreamed of
Dreams really do come true ooh oh

Dad and I happily sang with mom laughing at the side. We were driving pass the green lights, when we heard a loud honking from a semi truck. I turn my head to the left, covering my eyes from the head lights of the semi truck that is blinding my vision. The honks from the truck did not stop. The honking became louder and louder as the semi truck drove into the car. It felt as if everything was in slow motion, when the hard impact from the semi truck smashed onto the side of our car. The seat belt tugged at my collar bone giving a sharp pain as the car flipped.

The song continued to play in my head as our car flipped in the most slowest motion. The car toppled over, landing somewhere on the side of the road. I open my eyes having a blurred vision, I observe my surroundings. We were upside down, the ringing in my ears rang hearing nothing but my shaky breath. The pounding pain at the back of my skull was unbearable. I saw my dad, knocked out cold with blood trickling from his head. Mom, seemed to be knocked out cold too.

From a far I could hear the sirens of the ambulance and firetrucks. My eyes closed once they've reached us.

Someday I'll wish upon a star
Wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where trouble melts like lemon drops
High above the chimney top
That's where you'll find me

Oh, somewhere over the rainbow bluebirds fly
And the dream that you dare to,
Oh why, oh why can't I?

Eyes closed as the breeze brushed against my hair tickling my face, and against my fingers. I hear the song playing again, my father and I's favorite song. Feeling my bare feet against the soft grass, I hear my mom and dad call for my name. "YUKIKO!" I turn my head, "Hai!!" I ran over to them, but I stayed in the same spot. My legs were running, but I'm not getting any closer to them. "Yukiko, hurry up!" My mother motioned her hands to hurry up. My breathing hitched, "I-I can't," I shook my head still running in the same spot.

"Of course you can! Run faster princess," my dad wrapped his arm around my mother's waist. I ran harder but nothing is working, the faster I ran the farther they get. I stretched out my hand, my father's smile turned into a painful frown. My mother just had a frown on her face, why does she look so sad? Blood trickled down from his head, to his face. I gasped slowing down, "Otosan!" I cried as he fell dead on the grass, mom covered her mouth sobbing shaking dad to wake up.

The song "Somewhere Over the Rainbow," played again, Well I see trees of green and red roses too,
I'll watch them bloom for me and you, and I think to myself. What a wonderful world. Well I see skies of blue, and I see clouds of white,
And the brightness of day. I like the dark, and I think to myself, what a wonderful world.

"What kind of wonderful world is this!!" I shouted from my lungs. My mother cried covering her ears, "I hate this song, I hate this song, I hate I hate it!" I stopped running seeing dad nowhere on the ground next to mom. "You! I hate you! Every time I look at you I will think of the song, and how your father died! Your father loved that song, and it will haunt me forever! I.hate.you!" Mom pointed her fingers at me with tears in her eyes. I turned around running the opposite way, shouting and screaming. Until I couldn't run anymore I fell on to my knees.

"Yukiko, Yukiko it's eomma." I heard my mother's voice echoing in my dream. "Yukiko," I shot my eyes open staring into lovely brown eyes, mom. Mom smiled and gave me a hug, "Yukiko, I'm so glad you're awake," I blinked hearing my mom sob. I pulled away, "where's otosan?" Mom looked at me like I'm some maniac. She quickly looked at the doctor as the doctor had a dazed look. "Dr. Saito, what's wrong with Yukiko?" My mother asked the most weirdest question, nothing is wrong with me I'm perfectly fine.

Dr. Saito looked at his clipboard, jotting some notes, "Yukiko can you say your name?" I blinked once, I opened my mouth the speak Yukiko Tsuneko. Instead of my usual voice, no sound came out of my mouth. I closed my mouth surprised that I made no sound. I tried again, still nothing. Dr. Saito hummed and jotted down notes again, "Mrs. Tsuneko, I believe your daughter has vocal cord paralysis."

- - - - - - -
TBC!

Hello loves back at it with another book! I hope you like the first chapter.

I'm excited to write another book! Ahh I hope you enjoy this awesome book, everything is mine except for BTS. Plot is mine, main female character is mine.

Please do not plagiarize, if there are any books similar to mine, it's pure coincidence. Please tell me if I made any mistakes so I can improve.

Other than that, ENJOY THE REST OF THE STORY! Don't forget to vote/comment to show support!