Ch 25- Crashing Dreams

Yukiko's Pov

The week passed without the boys, but it's not as lonely with Soohee. She's still shy and talks a lot about things that are interesting. I just listen and give out opinions of my own. "Unnie, do you know that BTS, Jungkook oppa's group are coming to school next week?" I look at her, "Really?" She nod her head, "Yeah Jungkook oppa told me!" She reached in her pockets to take out her phone.

She pulled up her and Jungkook's conversation, "See." I read the message and it was true, they really are coming back to school. In the inside I am jumping with joy and excitement, but in the inside I'm trying to hide it. "Unnie, I can see that you're trying to hide your overwhelmed happiness." She gave a quirky smile, while nudging my shoulder with her elbow, "Just say you're happy!" Soohee jumped pulling me to jump with her. I gave up and squealed jumping around with her.

The door of the music room slid open making us stop and look at the door, "What are you girls doing here?" Soohee and I looked at each other, "Sorry sir, we were just practicing our music." Soohee bowed as I followed her. "Alright, you two just need to quiet down." We both nod, "We will sir," the teacher gave us one last look and left the music room. Soohee and I looked at each other again, and hysterically laughed.

***

"Unnie four more days till Jungkook oppa comes back!" Soohee skipped up and hooked her arms with mine. My voice has healed and I can talk normally without my voice being hoarse, that I had to live with for ten days. "I know!" I smiled, "Should we surprise them?" Soohee suggested. I thought for a while, "What kind of surprise?" Soohee hummed, "I never thought of it," she scratched her head. I chuckled, "It's okay we don't have to surprise them." Soohee pouted and nod her head.

"What are we doing here in the music room?" I walked over to the piano with a smile, "It's time to warm up my voice." Soohee walked over, "You mean, you can sing?" I nodded, "It's been too long, I miss singing." Soohee was amazed, "I didn't know you were that musically talented!" I chuckled.

"Oh, I have class in a bit I have to go. Bye unnie, you have to sing to me now!" She waved and ran out of the music room. I chuckled shaking my head. I thought of warming up my voice, so I did. And it wasn't good the way I thought it would be. Imagine a nice new clean glass, perfect and shiny. One touch, just one small touch the perfect shiny glass broke into millions of tiny pieces of glass.

I felt like the broken glass, my singing melodelic voice gone and broken. I didn't know how to react, I just sat on the piano bench and started bawling my eyes out. So much shit is going down, what am I going to do? How am I going to live without a voice! I slammed my fist down on the piano keys creating a big ugly sound, as it echoed in the music room.

I ran out of school leaving behind my studies, being able to sing was my passion now how am I going to continue on when I lost my voice.

Alone, at the park I held my phone close to my chest, hugging my legs under the slide. I took my phone and tried calling Namjoon. The phone rang as I was crying, "Please pick up the phone, please." I cried, "I need you now." My voice broke in a whisper. "Im sorry but the person you're calling is unavailable, please leave a message after at the tone." Beeep.

The beep went off, as I still held the phone on my ear. "N-Namjoon, I don't think my dream will ever come true. I need somebody, I need you, please. Call me back." I ended the message and cried. The perfect and ironic timing for the rain to come too. It started pouring as the rain cried with me. I can't sing anymore, I lost the ability to sing. I just wanted to sing, my dream will never come true now.

What a stupid dream to follow! I hate this, it's all pointless. If I can't sing, then I can't dream on! Everything is ruined, I should've died during the car accident. I screamed under the rain, "This is pointless! Ahh!" I ran out into the rain, soaking myself in the rain. Dad, I will never be able to sing now, I can't sing for you anymore. My dream is crashing down, like a pile of jenga blocks falling down after picking the wrong block.